Aaron Judge has a shot at breaking all three of the "three true outcomes" single-season rookie records.

With 33 games left he's got 174 K, 96 BB and 37 HR.

The records are 199 K (Kris Bryant, 2015), 107 BB (Ted Williams, 1939) and 49 HR (Mark McGwire, 1987).

HR will be tough, but he's a lock for K and BB.
8/28/2017 3:03 PM
From tonight's game, another Pillar Superman catch.

He wasn't allowed to wear "Superman" on his jersey this weekend because of trademark issues. So he wore "Pill." No one in Toronto has ever called him "Pill."
8/28/2017 11:11 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/28/2017 11:11:00 PM (view original):
From tonight's game, another Pillar Superman catch.

He wasn't allowed to wear "Superman" on his jersey this weekend because of trademark issues. So he wore "Pill." No one in Toronto has ever called him "Pill."
Just to rehash the old arguments

Kevin Pillar > Kevin Kiermaier
8/29/2017 1:04 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/27/2017 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Will Moreno get anything close to what he was hoping from Pujols?

That is one big boat anchor for the Halos. ..

I know Moreno can afford it, what with his new TV deal, but sheesh, that is a terrible deal.

he's having a nice year against the M's though
8/29/2017 7:49 PM
Mikie Mahtook wins the 2017 Jose Canseco Outstanding Achievement in the Excellence of Fielding Award.
9/3/2017 11:09 PM
The old 7-5-2 double play from tonight's Boston-Toronto game.

Bases were loaded, and left fielder Michael Saunders botched a fly ball in wet conditions. Runner on third Sandy Leon then advanced to home very, very slowly and was thrown out easily -- but at least he advanced! Jackie Bradley Jr. on second base seemed to forget entirely which sport he was playing.

By the way, the Blue Jay pitcher was 26 year old rookie Carlos Ramirez, playing in his third MLB game. So far he's pitched 6 innings, allowing one hit and no runs. Add those totals to his AAA and AA numbers this season, and he's pitched 43.2 innings, allowing 17 hits and no runs.

Believe It or Don't!

9/6/2017 11:22 PM
It appears the new owners are struggling with live.

9/7/2017 8:23 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 5/4/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Since I'm watching a lot more baseball than I have in recent years, I'll retitle this thread so that I (and others!) can have a place to post about things we're seeing this season.

I just watched Aaron Judge go 6 for 12 with 3 HR and 2 BB in a series against my Blue Jays. He looks to be solid defensively, too. What kind of stats is he going to wind up with? Right now he's got a line of .330/.433/.818 with 13 HR in 26 games. I can't imagine he'd keep up that kind of pace over a full season, but I don't think he's Shane Spencer, either. I'm thinking maybe a .300 average with 40+ HR?

And what a specimen this guy is. I saw him talking to some Jays during batting practice and he towered over them all.
Judge has, er, slipped a little.

Oh well, I got the 40+ HR part right (I assume -- he has 39 HR with 23 games to go).
9/8/2017 12:44 PM
He has just picked up all the bad habits he had dropped and grown out of the first half. Where are the Yankees hitting coaches? And why can't he hit a slider?
9/10/2017 9:43 AM
Personally I think the most talented young Yankee is Aaron Hicks, who it is easy to forget was well on his own way to the All-Star game when he got hurt. I don't think we have seen his best yet.

Not sure why Sanchez' catching skills have regressed either. But I am not impressed with how the team has been managed and coached lately. Still, it is a young team and will be back, and might yet make the playoffs - we lead in the wildcard still somehow, and if the Sox go into a spin you never know about the division though I think that ship has sailed.
9/10/2017 9:45 AM
Yankees are listening to italyprof! Judge goes 2-3 today with with HR 40 and 41, a walk and sac fly. Gary Sanchez also hits 2 HR (plus a double) and makes no screw ups behind the plate -- because he DH'd!
9/10/2017 7:48 PM
Hmmm...how bout my Indians? They have outscored opponents 137-35 during the AL record 21 game winning streak. Not bad.
9/14/2017 7:56 AM (edited)
old school roiders is my bet
9/14/2017 9:10 AM
I'd like to see the Indians reach 27 straight, not only because they're a likable team but so that the record can be definitive. Too much debate around the 1916 Giants and whether their 26 gamer is legitimate with that tie game in the middle of the streak.
9/14/2017 2:47 PM (edited)
I'm also pulling for the Tribe to set the record. Francona is really a top drawer manager from many perspectives (handling personalities, managing a pen, seeming to know when a guy needs a day's rest, and on and on). They seem to be a good group of guys. I never thought I'd say this, but since the Giants are long out of the picture...."Go Indians"
9/14/2017 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.