Posted by crazystengel on 11/1/2017 1:48:00 PM (view original):
The bullpen use could be wacky and wild tonight. No doubt only the Game 6 starters (Verlander and Hill) are off the table for the managers.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Verlander. It's probably a mistake to use him, but just like Randy Johnson in 2001, he might try to close out the game on 0 days rest. Hill would be a real surprise, though he only threw 58 pitches, so if it goes to extras, who knows?
11/1/2017 2:04 PM (edited)
Speaking of Rich Hill, a couple of observations:

1. I liked how he stuck it to Yuli Gurriel by stepping off the mound during Gurriel's at bats so the Dodger fans could boo him louder and longer (for the racist gesture he made against Yu Darvish earlier in the series). Hill confirmed to reporters after the game that this was exactly his intention. Good teammate!

2. I loved Hill's at bat against Verlander. Such an awkward hitter against a great pitcher, but damn was he trying! At one point he fouled off a bunt -- it was instantly foul, too -- but sprinted all the way down to first base anyway, determined and oblivious. The play-by-play announcer on the Canadian broadcast laughed and said, "Run, Forrest, run!" He really did look like Tom Hanks.
11/1/2017 2:11 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 10/30/2017 2:13:00 AM (view original):
the altuves have not yet begun to hit

this classic is only going six
oops.
11/1/2017 3:16 PM
Kind of an anti-climactic finish, what with Darvish giving up all those early runs. Still a good World Series overall, though.
11/2/2017 2:00 AM
Agree it was anti-climactic, but did have the potential of being a good game even as the innings went on. The Dodgers left so many men on base....
11/2/2017 11:54 AM
That's true, there were a bunch of times I was hoping for a double or home run from the Dodgers to make it close.

How about Koufax and Don Newcombe throwing out the first pitches (to Rick Monday and Steve "Grecian Formula" Garvey)? Newcombe's 91 years old. Nice to see the old guy still tossing a baseball.
11/2/2017 12:36 PM
CHAMPS BABY!!!!!

lowkey hungover asf. Waited 4 hours in line at Academy to get the new gear, we were all taking Jell-O shots, on top of the beer we drank watching the game.

Twas lit
11/2/2017 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.