Temple, Rutgers, Boston College vs Elites Topic

. In a recent post about prestige, some mentioned having elite status in div 1A change year to year depending on team success. Some mentioned that Temple, Rutgers and BC would end up as elite schools because of favorable recruiting areas. Am I missing another favorable school?

So how would those schools rank with current elites in todays game?

Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Texas
USC
?
?
Boston College
?
?
4/25/2017 2:00 PM
Baylor?
4/25/2017 2:04 PM
Here's my list.

Penn State
Texas
USC
Miami
LSU
Michigan
Notre Dame
Alabama
Ohio State
Tennessee (I realize that I have Tenny higher than most)
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Florida * tie
Florida State * tie
Boston College
Temple
Minnesota
Rutgers
Syracuse
Pittsburgh

I don't consider that to be a "hard" list either. I like Penn State slightly more than Texas because the closest elite to Penn State is OSU, and even then, OSU really doesn't pose a threat to any northeast recruit. Considering the amount of recruits in that area, that is a huge advantage. However, if several of those northeast programs fill with aggressive recruiters, Penn State can lose some of it's luster. Texas is a great job but if you go north, you run into Oklahoma and if you go west, you run into LSU. So, you likely won't be battle free.

Additionally, the Pac-10 in Wilkinson is really packed right now and there aren't a ton of recruits in California. So, I don't know that USC is necessarily a better job than say LSU or even most of the Big10 programs. Miami can be super dependent on recruits in south Florida. If most of the Florida recruits are in the northern or central part of the state, you can have a tough time filling a class.

My point being, I think the ranking of the school changes based on circumstance but that list above is probably a good guideline. Although, there is probably some disagreement with the middle to bottom portion of my list.
4/25/2017 4:26 PM (edited)
It depends a lot on what schools are taken near you and by whom.
4/25/2017 3:14 PM
*luster
4/25/2017 3:26 PM
I would shift those northeast schools a little higher.. especially if we are talking about ranking teams due to the recruiting areas. It's a lot easier to pull in elite talent at Pitt compared to FSU just due to availability of recruits.
4/25/2017 3:48 PM
I'd maybe throw Connecticut into that list of favorable non-elites
4/25/2017 3:49 PM
I wonder how many times we've discussed this
4/25/2017 4:09 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/25/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
*luster
Thank you. Your contribution has been noted.
4/25/2017 4:27 PM
Has anyone considered putting together a list of the winningest programs in GD? Would love to see what the numbers say.
4/25/2017 4:28 PM
I would put Texas A&M above any Big East team. A&M has won National Championships in almost every world.
4/25/2017 4:51 PM
I would put Connecticut on any list of favorable schools. Right up with Rutgers imo, maybe even a bit better.
4/25/2017 5:15 PM
"Has anyone considered putting together a list of the winningest programs in GD? Would love to see what the numbers say."

Wasn't Bob doing something with this recently? Or maybe that was just comparing how well GUESS team rankings match up with final season rankings.
4/25/2017 6:04 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 4/25/2017 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone considered putting together a list of the winningest programs in GD? Would love to see what the numbers say.
Courtesy of bhazlewood with an assist from yatzr:

Team W-L / CC / NC Across All Worlds (as of 2/12/17)

Coaching Stats (Corrected) (as of 2/13/17)
4/25/2017 6:18 PM
For those of you that wish for a fungible elite system... check out Georgia in Dobie.
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=53907
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=53907
4/25/2017 7:59 PM
123 Next ▸
Temple, Rutgers, Boston College vs Elites Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.