OPTIMIZE PRACTICE TIME Topic

Where can I find info on optimize practice time?
4/25/2017 3:52 PM
All the info you need is this -- Don't Use It!!

Theoretically it sets a practice plan for your team, but what it assigns can be absolutely redonkulous with too much study hall time, insane numbers of minutes to single-digit skills that will never grow, etc.

Maybe use it to see what the computer suggests and then tweak (heavily) from there. But after playing with it in beta my suggestion is just to even ignore that it exists as a button to press.
4/25/2017 4:01 PM
Sounds like excellent advice! Thanks for the advice and saving me frustration time!!!
4/25/2017 4:08 PM
As rednu said, steer clear of the "optimize" button. It's much more intuitive and beneficial to design your own practice plans.

n case you don't want to hunt, this is a fairly solid summary of how to handle practice minutes on your own from aejones "How to Win at D2 and D3" guide:

Practice plans: Practice is easy, though there are some tricks—some I know, some I don’t know. Start with a few minutes in SH, usually 5 for freshman, and less as they get older (almost no SH time is needed for upperclassmen), adjust to more SH minutes if your player is in the danger zone during mid terms. I personally put 25 minutes into offense and defense, although I think putting 20 or anything between 20-25 is probably fine as well. For individual players’ practice plans, I just put 15-20 minutes in conditioning since it encompasses many important skills and between 10-15 minutes in each category, emphasizing ones that my player is high/high in. I almost always emphasize FT shooting as much as possible, and even when he reaches his cap in FT shooting I will keep 8 minutes in the category. When I do get an email indicating that the player is done improving in that skill, I will typically put between 0-3 minutes in to keep up the skill a little bit, although not much is needed if he is getting a lot of playing time and his work ethic is high.
4/25/2017 4:31 PM
Thanks sol, I appreciate the info!!!
4/25/2017 4:43 PM
^ Benis' guide is a little more in-depth if aejones' quick overview leaves any questions of yours unanswered, definitely give it a read-through!

Benis' guide is also more oriented to 3.0 so I'd generally suggest giving it a read-through regardless. But aejones sets the basic guidelines.
4/25/2017 4:46 PM
OPTIMIZE PRACTICE TIME Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.