Things you might not know.... Topic

You can put AP into a player and not show up on the considering list even if no other team is on the considering list. Confirmed through a previous ticket of mine.
4/26/2017 10:30 PM
Scouting D3 isn't worthless. I THINK the optimal D3 recruiting strategy right now is to scout and sign D1 players (internationals seem to have the least competition) but there is something to be said for looking for quality D3 players. I signed these three D3 JUCO players for very little (two for around 100 AP and the third for about 150 AP, 1 CV and some promises).

http://imgur.com/gallery/HQoAi

They will all be 60 ATH, 70 SPD, 80 DEF by the end of there second year. Two will be able to score efficiently and the third is PG with 70+ BH/PASS.

4/30/2017 11:29 AM

Based on the idea put forth that 21 starts is the magical minimum number of starts needed to fulfill a starting recruiting promise...You can fulfill 6 starting promises in one season of 27 games.

27*5=135
?135÷21= 6.4
5/10/2017 8:00 PM
Someone should test that out.
5/10/2017 8:04 PM
If you can figure out a rotation it seems possible. I might try it in the future with one of my teams when I have their prestige up and enough EEs going in one season.

Anybody want to test this?
5/10/2017 8:18 PM (edited)
After I lost 5 ee for the second consecutive season and I absolutely was awful and promised 4 freshmen starts.
We actually rotated it to all three starting spots plus all of them against really bad teams. Made it to the tourney that year and set the stage for an elite eight the following year. It wasn't exactly that strategy but close.
5/11/2017 8:13 AM
Posted by stewdog on 5/11/2017 8:13:00 AM (view original):
After I lost 5 ee for the second consecutive season and I absolutely was awful and promised 4 freshmen starts.
We actually rotated it to all three starting spots plus all of them against really bad teams. Made it to the tourney that year and set the stage for an elite eight the following year. It wasn't exactly that strategy but close.
I got whiners. Minutes are tough to fulfill even with rotation. Any tips?
5/11/2017 8:16 AM
Which regular posters are they?
5/11/2017 8:21 AM
To get back on topic with the OP, here are a couple of scheduling tips:

1) When scheduling avoid sim teams that run zone, even if they're going to be senior-heavy the following season. They usually win 5-7 less games than they would if they had the same team and ran man or press.

2) If a team runs FB/Press and loses 1 or 2 players next season, wait until RS1 finishes before scheduling them. Make sure they've replaced those 1 or 2 players-if they haven't then don't schedule them. A FB/P team with 10 or 11 guys isn't nearly as effective as one with 12 players and will lose more games than they should.
5/11/2017 8:48 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/30/2017 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Scouting D3 isn't worthless. I THINK the optimal D3 recruiting strategy right now is to scout and sign D1 players (internationals seem to have the least competition) but there is something to be said for looking for quality D3 players. I signed these three D3 JUCO players for very little (two for around 100 AP and the third for about 150 AP, 1 CV and some promises).

http://imgur.com/gallery/HQoAi

They will all be 60 ATH, 70 SPD, 80 DEF by the end of there second year. Two will be able to score efficiently and the third is PG with 70+ BH/PASS.

Here are some D3 recruits that I've found that are somewhere between OK and Good:
Robert Calvin
Jeffery Clifford
Mark Williams

Not totally useless
5/11/2017 10:44 AM
◂ Prev 12
Things you might not know.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.