Let's talk individual practice times Topic

I'm working on a couple rebuilds in D1 . Wondering what you all think about setting up practice plans for individuals. Do you use the suggested times (balanced, power, speed, etc) or do you do custom times and focus on certain attributes to grow the recruits like boosting strength and blocking for OL and passing/film study for QB's?
Any insight would be great!
4/27/2017 8:02 PM
Never suggested times. Custom times always.
For me, the GUESS primary attributes for each position is a good place to start when allocating practice minutes.
4/28/2017 1:19 AM
Is there a maximum number of minutes per attribute that we should not go over, like 30 minutes on film study, or 40 minutes on strength?
4/28/2017 8:15 AM
The generally accept dropoff point is 20 minutes per attribute. Let me explain. That means that it is supposedly most effective up to then . But putting more into it may still yeild benefits . It will just cost you more practice minutes per attribute raised
4/28/2017 10:37 AM
Good advice above. I use the Guess attributes to help set the individual plans. I rarely go above 20-24 minutes per attribute, except for positions with limited attributes, such as OL, DL, K & P
4/28/2017 11:21 AM
The sacrifice at other attributes and formation practice is too much to go over 25 at most positions. K, P, linemen being the exceptions as aegsm said.
4/28/2017 12:44 PM
It blows my mind that people think guess ratings are prevalent then the WIS suggested times. I used the suggested with the exception of WR. I add 7 minutes to blocking for WR.
4/28/2017 1:38 PM
Anyone who hasn't cheated to win agree with TigerPark?
4/28/2017 2:47 PM
Posted by columbusbuck on 4/28/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Anyone who hasn't cheated to win agree with TigerPark?
Oh man... Hahahaha. Sorry. That one got me.

But in all seriousness:

1. I've made an honest effort to put that scandal behind me and move forward.
2. I DO agree with Tigerpark. I am - and have been for quite some time - comfortable using WIS's pre-defined Individual Practice templates for my players. Sometimes, if have a position that is particularly deficient at a certain key attribute, I will customize, but that's not typical (just personally speaking).
4/28/2017 3:39 PM
I'm past it. I'm just not sure he's an expert at winning legitimately.
You, I trust.
4/28/2017 6:00 PM
GT uses the Wis predefined practice templates ? Holy Mackeral !!! No really, I'm shocked. Mine are all customized. But if GT uses them and he is one of the best in this game maybe there is something to it.
4/28/2017 6:06 PM
It's no secret-sauce. Honestly, I'm just a really lazy coach in my (GD) old age. And it works just fine for my needs, so I see no reason to experiment and tweak and repeat over and over.
4/28/2017 9:55 PM
Let's talk individual practice times Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.