Maximum Recruiting/Scouting Cash Topic

I know you only get $$ for 6 scholarships but what if I have 7 open scholarships in period 1 and sign 3.

Then before period 2, I cut two more sim recruited players, will I get the cash for period 2?
4/28/2017 9:56 AM
Not only cutting...

What if you have 2 EEs..?
4/28/2017 11:50 AM
Good question.
4/28/2017 3:17 PM
Last year I had five openings, signed 2, had three EEs, and then got what I think was all of that money. But maybe I miscounted.
4/28/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Not only cutting...

What if you have 2 EEs..?
You don't get money
1) Started with 5 openings
2) Signed 2 in 1st session
3) Lost 2 EEs and only got money for one.

Sent in a ticket as this seems like bullcrap. If you are going to "penalize" us with EEs in the second session then coaches should get the equal amount of resources to replace them.
5/5/2017 11:25 AM
I got the funds from an EE.

I had 7 openings. Signed 3 in first session, dropped my available AP down to 89. Then a guy went EE and then I had 109 AP to spend. Also ended up with $26,000 to spend.
5/5/2017 11:36 AM
They have to dp that to try to limit the multiple walk on strategy. The risk reward for taking multiple walkons isn't balanced right. There is almost no negative to taking two walkons EVERY YEAR at high D1 on a team where EE's are a real threat.

They need to "penalize" you because you are taking advantage of a significant loophole.

I am not sure why you think you SHOULD be ENTITLED to more cash because you took two walkons.
5/5/2017 11:37 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/5/2017 11:37:00 AM (view original):
They have to dp that to try to limit the multiple walk on strategy. The risk reward for taking multiple walkons isn't balanced right. There is almost no negative to taking two walkons EVERY YEAR at high D1 on a team where EE's are a real threat.

They need to "penalize" you because you are taking advantage of a significant loophole.

I am not sure why you think you SHOULD be ENTITLED to more cash because you took two walkons.
Man to man teams are all in the walk-on strategy, so are zone. It's only normal. It gives you AP for the next season, and an edge.
5/5/2017 11:49 AM
With the way recruiting is set up now and you are a high DI school, if you take more than 10 players on your roster you are doing things wrong. Say you have 11 or 12 scholarship players on your roster and no seniors for the upcoming season. As a high DI that means there is probably a good shot you have 3 or 4 EE's yet will only have the resources to recruit for 1 or 0 scholarships. At least if you only sign 10 guys each season you'll at minimum have resources for 2 guys which should help you to maneuver in the 1st session so you can help replace your EE's.

5/5/2017 11:55 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/5/2017 11:37:00 AM (view original):

Hmmm why wouldn't I be "entitled" to the SAME amount of recruiting budget per opening as everyone else?

"Walkons" is not a strategy, its a necessity brought on by the random recruit rolls.
Just like you are taking advantage of the "loophole" (LMAO) on your Fordham team right?...
5/5/2017 12:07 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 5/5/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):
With the way recruiting is set up now and you are a high DI school, if you take more than 10 players on your roster you are doing things wrong. Say you have 11 or 12 scholarship players on your roster and no seniors for the upcoming season. As a high DI that means there is probably a good shot you have 3 or 4 EE's yet will only have the resources to recruit for 1 or 0 scholarships. At least if you only sign 10 guys each season you'll at minimum have resources for 2 guys which should help you to maneuver in the 1st session so you can help replace your EE's.

+1
5/5/2017 12:09 PM
Is benis or mullycj correct? Is the difference that benis signed a JUCO in session 1? Any other experiences getting over 23K?
5/22/2017 3:25 PM
I just had 6 openings with my UK team to start. Signed 3 guys in the 1st session. Had a guy go EE...I got the resources for him so that would be $26K total.
5/22/2017 3:44 PM
Posted by kiges on 5/22/2017 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Is benis or mullycj correct? Is the difference that benis signed a JUCO in session 1? Any other experiences getting over 23K?
Of course, I'm correct! :)

I didn't sign a Juco at all though. They were all freshmen.
5/22/2017 4:01 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 5/22/2017 3:44:00 PM (view original):
I just had 6 openings with my UK team to start. Signed 3 guys in the 1st session. Had a guy go EE...I got the resources for him so that would be $26K total.
That sure seems like a bug since a JUCO vs FR shouldn't make a difference.
5/22/2017 4:08 PM
12 Next ▸
Maximum Recruiting/Scouting Cash Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.