Real Franchise Progressive (RFP)/12+ IN Topic

I'm in.
5/22/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by shine06 on 5/22/2017 10:06:00 AM (view original):
The two options I would suggest is players are assigned to the team which they played the most minutes for that season or the last team they played for that season.
If we are starting this league from the beginning of the year, then the player should be on the franchise he started with, not ended with. That midseason trade wouldn't have happened from where we are starting, right?
5/22/2017 2:00 PM
Also, I'm not sure how draft order(s) will be determined. But the team with the 1st pick of franchise should get the last pick of the draft, to keep it fair, right?

And since we have dual drafts (franchise and then players), maybe you randomize the order of pick but the preson can choose their spot.

For instance, if I get 1st pick, maybe I want first pick in the draft and 24th pick of franchises. Or maybe I want 12th spot in both. Thoughts?
5/22/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by cea8010 on 5/22/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
The two options I would suggest is players are assigned to the team which they played the most minutes for that season or the last team they played for that season.
If we are starting this league from the beginning of the year, then the player should be on the franchise he started with, not ended with. That midseason trade wouldn't have happened from where we are starting, right?
This makes the most sense to me.
5/22/2017 4:32 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/22/2017 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Hmmm. Yes, based on the concept, we should lock in 93-94 starting rosters with the exception of rookies.

We will draft them separately as the first departure from reality.

In terms of prior comments regarding how to determine the draft order for 1) franchises and 2) rookies there are a number of options.

I think the easiest is for the initial franchise draft to be randomized - your draft position is set by that rather than selecting the order to pick.

Then, after the franchise draft, the rookie draft would be done based on opposite order of the franchise draft. So if you pick last and get a ****** franchise, you pick first- or have highest odds of doing so. To make it more fun, we could do a lottery among the 6 (or 12) last franchises chosen.

(I think this method is better than using the ACTUAL order of finish in 92-93 to determine draft order because then the owners selecting at the end of the draft get really stuck without being able to choose an existing good team OR a team with a high 1993 pick.)
5/23/2017 10:00 AM
Posted by jkaye24 on 5/23/2017 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Hmmm. Yes, based on the concept, we should lock in 93-94 starting rosters with the exception of rookies.

In terms of prior comments regarding how to determine the draft order for 1) franchises and 2) rookies there are a number of options.

I think the easiest is for the initial franchise draft to be randomized - your draft position is set by that rather than selecting the order to pick.

Then, after the franchise draft, the rookie draft would be done based on opposite order of the franchise draft. So if you pick last and get a ****** franchise, you pick first- or have highest odds of doing so. To make it more fun, we could do a lottery among the 6 (or 12) last franchises chosen.

(I think this method is better than using the ACTUAL order of finish in 92-93 to determine draft order because then the owners selecting at the end of the draft get really stuck without being able to choose an existing good team OR a team with a high 1993 pick.)
I'm okay with whatever method you decide, I just know that me, personally, would rather have a last pick of franchise and first pick in the draft order, so being able to pick between those would be ideal rather than random luck, but hey, random luck is always part of this anyway.
5/23/2017 11:55 AM
Posted by cea8010 on 5/23/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):

I'm okay with whatever method you decide, I just know that me, personally, would rather have a last pick of franchise and first pick in the draft order, so being able to pick between those would be ideal rather than random luck, but hey, random luck is always part of this anyway.
Not opposed. I agree the franchise/rookie draft would be flipped but if there is interest to select placement in either I am happy to add another layer to the process since the beginning will be the most action packed part of this league anyway...
5/23/2017 1:04 PM
In
5/24/2017 5:44 AM
I'll play.
5/24/2017 1:44 PM
Posted by cea8010 on 5/23/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):

Random is as random does. For the initial draft, it seems most appropriate.
5/24/2017 4:25 PM
I am planning to play this by the way. I am pretty flexible on the rules for set up. I tend to lean towards randomness to start.

Also, I think I don't give too much of a crap about trades for the initial draft (I have learned my lesson on that). However, what I don't want to see is another prog where there is too much of a cycle of really shady trades/combined with tanking. I know both are hot button issues but I have played in like every prog in the sim and some leagues get it right/other do not. It is kind of hard to say what exactly the ones who get it right are doing different though.

So, the TLDR version: I'm in. I am chill on set up. Let's not let bad ownership ruin the league.
5/24/2017 6:03 PM
I like the concept and am interested.
5/24/2017 6:50 PM
I'm willing to give this a try.
5/24/2017 7:50 PM
unofficially, I'm in. Depends on a lot of factors, most of which are out of your hands, so set the league up how you like & I'll let you know when we get closer to that magical 24 number.
5/24/2017 8:58 PM
I am VERY open to ideas on how to curb tanking.
Did anyone follow the real life NBA discussion about the draft wheel? It didn't gain traction but was seriously considered a year or two back as an alternative to lottery. It essentially randomized who gets top pick independent of record; taking a more long term view of which teams would get access to top rookies.
5/25/2017 6:51 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Real Franchise Progressive (RFP)/12+ IN Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.