After a broken promise and WE recovers Topic

Up until today, going back to 2007, it has always been the case that when I get a note saying I failed to live up to a promised start or playing time and then delivered on that promise the three games following the note, the player's work ethic mostly recovered. It was also the case that once his WE drops and then recovers, it will not happen again - whether you play him or not.

That is no longer how WIS sees it.

EVEN AFTER THE WORK ETHIC RECOVERS, YOU MUST CONTINUE TO FULFILL YOUR PROMISE OR THE WORK ETHIC WILL CRATER AGAIN.

My freshman DL's work ethic has now dropped by more than half TWICE this season.

====================================================================================
5/1/2017 6:06 PM Customer Support
"Hi Rodney,

Each player is different except for this: If you make a promise they will expect that promise to be met in every single game.

How each player responds to you not meeting that promise is variable.

Nothing has changed on this in quite a long time. Thank you."
5/1/2017 7:17 PM
Did you have both a PT and promise start? Maybe each promise is "broken" and "fulfilled" independently? This is good information as I had a couple of players complain once and I was about to take them back down the depth chart.
5/1/2017 11:59 PM
Posted by justaguy on 5/1/2017 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Did you have both a PT and promise start? Maybe each promise is "broken" and "fulfilled" independently? This is good information as I had a couple of players complain once and I was about to take them back down the depth chart.
After examining the letters, the first drop was for playing time and the second was because he wasn't a starter. I had promised both.

Good catch. Though, to be honest, I never realized they could be penalized separately. First time in nine years they have been.
5/2/2017 4:37 AM
Another pressing and concerning issue is that WIS doesn't even know the correct answer to your original question.

I'm pretty sure once you fulfill a promise after you have "broken" it then they don't drop in WE again.
5/2/2017 1:37 PM

Another pressing and concerning issue is that WIS doesn't even know the correct answer to your original question.

+1
5/2/2017 3:20 PM
Does this include preseason games?
5/5/2017 12:37 PM
Promises don't count for preseason or postseason games.
5/5/2017 2:53 PM
Trying to figure out when WE recovers myself. I have a guy that complained twice towards the beginning of the season that I wasn't living up to my promises of Playing time. I have since then started him every game and he is well over his promised playing time. Now the Post-Season has started and his WE has still not recovered AT ALL. Anybody have an idea?
5/6/2017 10:28 AM
Your DB Billy Gay?
When did his WE bottom out? 4/22?
Did you also promise him 50% or more playing time?
5/6/2017 11:39 AM
I didn't know that once it recovered you could stop doing it.
5/6/2017 1:15 PM
Posted by kas1007 on 5/6/2017 1:15:00 PM (view original):
I didn't know that once it recovered you could stop doing it.
One of many things no one tells you. Edge and all that.
5/8/2017 1:31 PM
After a broken promise and WE recovers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.