$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

I thought D-Wade was going to be a lock at DH, paired with one of the guys he selected. I was guessing Wade/Barkley, the Wade/Durant, then Barkley/Durant...
5/7/2017 8:17 PM
Stockton/Duncan is a nice pairing. Can definitely win if he drafts well around them.
5/7/2017 8:19 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 5/6/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Thoughts on the two trades?

Both were 1st, 5th for 2nd, 3rd.

DH drafted KD and Sir Charles.

CJ drafted Stockton and Duncan
I think it's all about the rest of the starting lineups. It's a great start in both cases.

Is it just me, or do these trades usually end up seeming to favor the team that's doubled up in the first (rather than trading out of it)? My decision to trade out was all about getting away from the inevitability of selecting Duncan at that spot, since I've drafted him three times in recent seasons, including both of the last two seasons. I don't have high hopes for my trajectory this time around, but I've been curious to try both Draymond and Hassan in this league. Sometimes it's all about the whimsical tinkering.
5/7/2017 8:49 PM
Posted by milest on 5/7/2017 8:17:00 PM (view original):
I thought D-Wade was going to be a lock at DH, paired with one of the guys he selected. I was guessing Wade/Barkley, the Wade/Durant, then Barkley/Durant...
dwade and drob was the dream...that would be a nasty defensive team

when i draft wade in this league i always go for the defense heavy squad, so i had no thoughts of pairing wade with barkley/durant...if i picked wade i would have went with deandre jordan

stockton/barkley was the other other combo i was kinda considering when i saw it was my turn
5/7/2017 8:58 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/7/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cjok1051 on 5/6/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Thoughts on the two trades?

Both were 1st, 5th for 2nd, 3rd.

DH drafted KD and Sir Charles.

CJ drafted Stockton and Duncan
I think it's all about the rest of the starting lineups. It's a great start in both cases.

Is it just me, or do these trades usually end up seeming to favor the team that's doubled up in the first (rather than trading out of it)? My decision to trade out was all about getting away from the inevitability of selecting Duncan at that spot, since I've drafted him three times in recent seasons, including both of the last two seasons. I don't have high hopes for my trajectory this time around, but I've been curious to try both Draymond and Hassan in this league. Sometimes it's all about the whimsical tinkering.
You could look at it one of two ways. We both lose out on the obvious selections. However you'll have 5 picks in by 76 and I'll have 5 in by 82. I'll take that.
5/7/2017 9:10 PM
I kind of like the Lebron / Deron Williams pairing.
5/8/2017 10:27 AM
Marshall before Marion? I'm down with that actually - Donyell's efg is inferior (they're both just 2 pt dudes) but he takes more 3s and all the other stats are at or better than Matrix levels
5/8/2017 11:11 AM
I thought that too, but his explanation proves experience/knowledge
5/8/2017 11:23 AM
Posted by copernicus on 5/8/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Marshall before Marion? I'm down with that actually - Donyell's efg is inferior (they're both just 2 pt dudes) but he takes more 3s and all the other stats are at or better than Matrix levels
Marion traditionally goes a few spots before Donyell, but I consider pretty much equivalent depending on whether one is prioritizing 3s or overall efficiency.
5/8/2017 11:47 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/8/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 5/8/2017 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Marion traditionally goes a few spots before Donyell, but I consider pretty much equivalent depending on whether one is prioritizing 3s or overall efficiency.
Marion shoots quite a bit better than Marshall. I've used them both several times and always have a hard time getting enough assists around Marshall and his shooting seems to suffer.
5/8/2017 12:21 PM
Marion is a fake 3pt shooter (32%) - Marshall is better at range (40%) and more likely to take them (33% of his shots are treys vs Matrix 24% (that at that 32% clip you probably shouldn't want him to be taking anyway))
5/8/2017 12:34 PM (edited)
Well, I drafted Marshall with the plan to go big at the guard, but that plan may have already been foiled.... we'll see what happens. Marshall is a good piece with the 3s, low TOs, D, and decent efg... but you gotta be good at drafting later to make him work in the 2nd... Hopefully I can pull it off
5/8/2017 12:34 PM
Posted by copernicus on 5/8/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Marion is a fake 3pt shooter (32%) - Marshall is better at range (40%) and more likely to take them (33% of his shots are treys vs Matrix 24% (that at that 32% clip you probably shouldn't want him to be taking anyway))
I agree with this. The reason I draft 3s is to keep the Ds from playing -1.... Really no other reason. If the efg's are equal, then 3s only matter to keep Ds honest... and 32% isn't concerning anyone... If you have 500 3s made, but at a 35% or lower rate, I'll let u shoot them all day... but if u have 350 made 3s at 39% rate, then I won't be able to collapse down low... Just the way I see it... I was shooting for Marq Johnson at SG and Admiral takes a large % of his shots in the paint , that's why I wanted the 3s from D-Marsh.... Bandit screwed me- so we'll see what happens. Lol
5/8/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 5/8/2017 11:23:00 AM (view original):
I thought that too, but his explanation proves experience/knowledge
thats not to say wade/barkley wouldnt work...look at bks wade/kareem in the odl...i just personally like building defensive teams with wade
5/8/2017 12:58 PM
so um, Pau?
5/8/2017 2:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...12 Next ▸
$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.