$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

I'm very please with my start. Stockton and Duncan were easy. Landing T-Mac in the 4th was the benefit of the insane PG run in this draft.

5/9/2017 6:04 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 5/9/2017 6:04:00 PM (view original):
I'm very please with my start. Stockton and Duncan were easy. Landing T-Mac in the 4th was the benefit of the insane PG run in this draft.

I love the addition of McGrady. Between him and Duncan that's a lot of usage at blah efficiency, but I still think it's a great start.
5/9/2017 6:23 PM
It feels mighty strange to be done with my starting lineup early in the fourth round. I need a lot of minutes behind Whiteside, but there will be a quality backup big man available at the top of the sixth.
5/9/2017 8:14 PM
So 4 out of my 5 I've never used in the sim before. Also; last season, Price went 69th and he was the last of the 5 taken.
5/10/2017 7:43 AM
who is doing the assessments?
5/10/2017 11:05 AM
Posted by copernicus on 5/10/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
who is doing the assessments?
Technically Mike
5/10/2017 12:04 PM
I'm crowdsourcing for wisdom here. Theoretically, how should I respond to finding weed in my daughter's sock drawer?
5/10/2017 12:47 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/10/2017 12:47:00 PM (view original):
I'm crowdsourcing for wisdom here. Theoretically, how should I respond to finding weed in my daughter's sock drawer?
How old is she/how much did you find? Two important factors
5/10/2017 12:48 PM
Theoretically, between 15 and 18. And very little.
5/10/2017 12:50 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/10/2017 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Theoretically, between 15 and 18. And very little.
I don't have any kids, but my biggest concern would be where she got it from. I think the association with potential dealers would be more problematic than the actual smoking. If you aren't someone who is opposed to her smoking at home, like on a back porch etc. probably stress the importance of keeping it as something that is done only at home etc. assuming that she drives, or will drive, you don't want that driving while high scenario. You probably can't do much in the end, but at least understanding and a firm stance on guidelines help.

I am 29 and I remember smoking pot a handful of times in high school with friends. I never did buy any or bring it home, but for me it lost it's appeal quickly enough. My girlfriend, who I don't live with smokes. She only does it at home and never before work, or driving. Some people need it for anxiety or stress, but again, it shouldn't impact other aspects of life.
5/10/2017 1:00 PM (edited)
Thanks, beach. You're a good man.
5/10/2017 1:00 PM
I'd probably smoke it and tell her the dog ate it....
5/10/2017 1:05 PM (edited)
Posted by milest on 5/10/2017 1:05:00 PM (view original):
But really- I'd try to explain to her that she should wait until she was older and her brain was fully developed.... I'd also explain to her that I didn't think there was anything wrong with adults smoking and that it is far better for the brain and body than many other things, legal or not, that adults consume to relieve stress- or just have a good time... But that it can be detrimental to brain development for people her age...
5/10/2017 1:11 PM
Agree with beach, association with a potential dealer is most concerning part. She might not be smoking it, but was given the bag. Be careful with her not to push her away, but then slap the sh*t out of whomever gave it to her.
5/10/2017 1:18 PM
Posted by milest on 5/10/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 5/10/2017 1:05:00 PM (view original):
But really- I'd try to explain to her that she should wait until she was older and her brain was fully developed.... I'd also explain to her that I didn't think there was anything wrong with adults smoking and that it is far better for the brain and body than many other things, legal or not, that adults consume to relieve stress- or just have a good time... But that it can be detrimental to brain development for people her age...
Studies show that smoking weed can hinder brain development until age 25, when the brain is done developing. LTB all you can do is warn her about the dangers of smoking. No different than drinking, cigarettes or anything else. To me you don't want to make too strong of a condemnation otherwise she may get rebellious. All you can do is arm her with the best information possible and make sure her understand of what weed is correct.

Real good points by Beachhouse
5/10/2017 1:26 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...12 Next ▸
$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.