Shotgun vs Wishbone - Shotgun Strikes Back Topic

Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Boxscore - Florida Atlantic vs Northern Iowa

Thought it was worth sharing cause don't think i've ever seen this before. National title contenders, one all shotgun/3-4 and the other all Wishbone/4-4. I like promoting contrarian strategies. There's plenty of different ways to win. I've also used the Shotgun offense a lot, so was weird for me to be the team defending it in this spot.
5/7/2017 10:19 AM
Really cool. Wishbone would be fun. Is it as effective as the NDB when throwing?
5/7/2017 10:34 AM
Can only give my own experience. Never had the success throwing with the wishbone that I have with the ND. I "wanted" the WB to succeed because I love the fact that you can grow "3" rb's by starting them . Just didn't work for me. But ND I have won good amount of NC's with .
I have seen a few others in this forum saying they have won throwing out of WB. So it could be I couldn't figure it out.
5/7/2017 11:01 AM (edited)
Posted by truedevil33 on 5/7/2017 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Really cool. Wishbone would be fun. Is it as effective as the NDB when throwing?
I haven't tried Box for comparison... but I've found it's hard to get high completion% even with conservative play calls against good teams. Like this game he shut down my passing game in first half, so i went more run heavy. The other option was go more aggressive passing. I have had success with deep/long to the backs so i think i'm gonna experiment with it more... if the completions are gonna be low anyway then i'll take the higher yardage
5/7/2017 11:30 AM
I am currently "trying" to build a wishbone program that can pass. I concur that with the limited amount of talent and experimentation that so far, it is difficult to pass against better teams, but it is just year 2. I can achieve a high completion % against lesser talent, but it is much more difficult as teams get better. The same applies to a running QB. Crazy good results against simAI, but better teams drop the avg/carry quickly.
5/7/2017 12:00 PM
Yes but those kind of results you will get regardless of formations used. It Always gets harder against the better teams. Thats why they're the better teams.
5/7/2017 2:20 PM
True. True.
5/7/2017 2:35 PM
And the Wishbone wins with a last minute drive by throwing the football....blasphemy! Lol...congrats on win!
5/8/2017 8:56 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ebel, I don't know D1AA but that Melvin Sanchez RB looks absolutely filthy.
6/8/2017 8:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Shotgun vs Wishbone - Shotgun Strikes Back Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.