I've played this game for a few seasons and feel like I have an ok handle on it, but still feel like I'm missing things and don't understand why certain things or players don't work.

Anyone want to give me overall thoughts on my team? Need a big bat and a top of the line starter, but not sure why I'm not making headway. Took over a team that had some massive contracts and some older players. Been trying to transition, but feel like I haven't plugged the holes the way I thought. Thanks!
5/7/2017 10:46 AM
Your starting pitching is sub-par. Start with 65/75 VHB/RHB for each pitcher. That's about league average. You have none.

You had 46 negative plays last season. I didn't look at each player but that's terrible.

Finally, you have two hitters with 70+ VR. That's not good enough.
5/7/2017 11:35 AM
I knew my defense was bad and made changes there which has helped with the bad plays, but hasn't seemed to help my pitching and it's hurt my offense.

For the hitters i tried tried to go with contact and batting eye, but is VS LHB and VS RHB more important?

Same question for the pitching except I tried to go with high rating on pitches and control.
5/7/2017 10:34 PM
Defense will help you maximize your pitching ability, but it won't create it from nothing. If you have literally no one with 65/75 splits, defense can only do so much. It isn't magic.

I disagree with Mike a bit on the splits for hitters. I had only 2 70+ vs RH hitters last year and won 98 games. More so than pitching, lineups have more potential for flexibility that can lead to success,
5/8/2017 1:26 AM
You have to have balance but, if you're just picking three categories for hitters, POW, VR, EYE, in no particular order.

I start with VR on both hitters and pitchers. You're going to face RH 62-66% of the time.
5/8/2017 8:18 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.