odd coach re-hire scenario Topic

I wasn't paying attention to coach hiring in one of my leagues, and didn't offer anybody a contract to be my Bullpen coach, but for some reason simmy re-hired my previous BU Louie Aramboles who wasn't actually even in the BU pool. He was demanding ML PC because his IQ is higher than 75. Simmy even gave him the minimum 500k. Everything about that hiring logic surprises me

(https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/CoachProfile.aspx?cid=415894)
5/7/2017 5:54 PM
Is there such a surplus of ML coaching in that world that that guy doesn't get a BL PC job two seasons in a row? Is everyone just promoting their AAA coaches and done with it?

5/7/2017 7:14 PM
Posted by damag on 5/7/2017 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Is there such a surplus of ML coaching in that world that that guy doesn't get a BL PC job two seasons in a row? Is everyone just promoting their AAA coaches and done with it?

there actually is for this current season, there are 19 ML PC's with 86 IQ or better, including 10 with IQ 90 or better. And every single one below 86 was either a re-hire or a promotion (or both)
5/8/2017 12:30 PM
from the FAQ-
Coaches How does the AI go about auto-hiring coaches? The AI follows three steps when looking to auto-hire coaches and they are as follows: <ol> <li>It looks to see if the owner's previous coach is available at that level and role, if he is he is assigned.</li> <li>It then looks for coaches who fit the specific role/level combination, if there is anyone available then they are assigned.</li> <li>The final action is to just fill the role. </li> </ol>

Step 1 is very literal, and occurs even if it violates Step 2 (and/or Step 3)
5/8/2017 12:35 PM
Kinda sad that I would have expected some kind of logic other than the thing that simply makes the most sense.

5/8/2017 12:46 PM
odd coach re-hire scenario Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.