Promises effect on future recruiting actions Topic

So yesterday it was brought to my attention that by offering promises to a recruit you receive a prestige-like multiplier on future recruiting actions. This was something I didn't know about or believe at first, until it was verified by 3 other posters. Naturally my first thought was how can I exploit this to my advantage, and the following is what I came up with.

As soon as available, promise a start and 25 minutes to everyone you recruit. Then perform your normal recruiting actions, but when you are done and before signings withdraw the promises. Surely the game would not go back and redo all those HVs without the promise multiplier. Then the only question becomes, does the promise multiplier offset the negative recruiting actions of withdrawing the promises?

Also, does this multiplier apply to AP too? Does 80 AP from an A+ prestige school mean more than 80 AP from a lesser prestige school?
5/9/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/9/2017 12:44:00 PM (view original):
So yesterday it was brought to my attention that by offering promises to a recruit you receive a prestige-like multiplier on future recruiting actions. This was something I didn't know about or believe at first, until it was verified by 3 other posters. Naturally my first thought was how can I exploit this to my advantage, and the following is what I came up with.

As soon as available, promise a start and 25 minutes to everyone you recruit. Then perform your normal recruiting actions, but when you are done and before signings withdraw the promises. Surely the game would not go back and redo all those HVs without the promise multiplier. Then the only question becomes, does the promise multiplier offset the negative recruiting actions of withdrawing the promises?

Also, does this multiplier apply to AP too? Does 80 AP from an A+ prestige school mean more than 80 AP from a lesser prestige school?
The penalty for rescinding the actions will leave you in a worse position than having not done the promise at all. And by a considerable margin (people who have accidentally undone start promises have found themselves tumbling from very high to very low and not being able to re-unlock the option.).

You are definitely in a much better position to promise nothing and do 20 HV's than to offer promises, do the 20 HV's and then rescind/reduce the promises.
5/9/2017 12:59 PM
Thanks. Is that because the promise multiplier is so low, or the penalty for withdrawing promises is tied to the amount of recruiting actions performed under the promise?

If people have gone from VH to VL after withdrawing promises then that penalty is much harsher than I would have thought, much more so than in the previous engine.
5/9/2017 1:08 PM
I have not done it often, but based on forum reports and a little personal experience, I think the penalty for un-doing a promise is way bigger than in 2.0
5/9/2017 2:20 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/9/2017 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. Is that because the promise multiplier is so low, or the penalty for withdrawing promises is tied to the amount of recruiting actions performed under the promise?

If people have gone from VH to VL after withdrawing promises then that penalty is much harsher than I would have thought, much more so than in the previous engine.
I'm not sure the mechanics of exactly how the penalty is coded, but in Beta seble discussed that he wanted to make sure there was a negative effect for rescinding promises so that people couldn't capitalize on using them to unlock actions faster and get "in the lead," then dump the promises after all competition had been scared off to other targets.
5/9/2017 3:43 PM
I was the one who pointed out the exploit during BETA to seble (due to the fact recruiting actions are converted immediately to recruiting credit with the multipliers intact).

His solution to this was to penalize withdrawing of promises severely (you end up worse off than if you hadn't given anything in the first place) and *IF* you promise more minutes then you are OK, (reducing minutes still gives you negative recruiting credit).

In HD 2.0 this wasn't an issue as there was no multiplier on subsequent effort (everything was a fixed recruiting credit multiplied by prestige only which never changed during recruiting).

So while offering minutes/starts up front give you a leg up on your competition, you better be prepared to honor those promises if the recruit signs with you as attempting to retract those promises (or give fewer minutes) will likely have the recruit drop his interest level by ALOT (and he might not allow you to recoup that interest back later even).
5/9/2017 4:27 PM
Do we have any idea on the multiplier for a promised start and 25 minutes compared to the multiplier for prestige?

For example, which of the following teams would have a more impactful HV? Im not talking about the recruiting value of the actual promises, just the multiplier attached to future recruiting actions.

Team A:
-B prestige
-Promise start
-25 promised minutes

Team B
-A- prestige
-No promises
5/10/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/10/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Do we have any idea on the multiplier for a promised start and 25 minutes compared to the multiplier for prestige?

For example, which of the following teams would have a more impactful HV? Im not talking about the recruiting value of the actual promises, just the multiplier attached to future recruiting actions.

Team A:
-B prestige
-Promise start
-25 promised minutes

Team B
-A- prestige
-No promises
Bumping this question, anyone?
5/18/2017 11:28 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/18/2017 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by clouseb on 5/10/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):

Team A:
-B prestige
-Promise start
-25 promised minutes

Team B
-A- prestige
-No promises
Bumping this question, anyone?
I feel pretty confident that Team A would be ahead in that scenario, all other things being equal.
5/18/2017 11:30 PM
The promises only have the multiplier effect if a player has wants to play as a preference. Otherwise there is still a normal bump in effort, but the wants to play preference is what causes a multiplier, and that is only for minutes, not for a start. So, if there is not the wants to play preference it does not matter if you offer minutes early.
5/19/2017 12:22 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 5/19/2017 12:22:00 AM (view original):
The promises only have the multiplier effect if a player has wants to play as a preference. Otherwise there is still a normal bump in effort, but the wants to play preference is what causes a multiplier, and that is only for minutes, not for a start. So, if there is not the wants to play preference it does not matter if you offer minutes early.
Are we sure about this? There is a wants to play preference that would give the minutes promise a bump, but my understanding and interpretation of what was said during beta was that the promises also created a multiplier for subsequent HV and CV's, which was the entire basis for seble messing with the multiplier effect between beta seasons 2 & 3.
5/19/2017 2:23 AM
Cs said differently chapel.
5/19/2017 5:35 AM
Posted by rednu on 5/19/2017 2:23:00 AM (view original):
Are we sure about this? There is a wants to play preference that would give the minutes promise a bump, but my understanding and interpretation of what was said during beta was that the promises also created a multiplier for subsequent HV and CV's, which was the entire basis for seble messing with the multiplier effect between beta seasons 2 & 3.
What I remember from beta was if you promise minutes you get a bump in multiplier for all HV and CV's after. If the recruit has a preference in playing time the multiplier is greater if he has no preference. But you get a bump not matter the preference.
I may be wrong but that's what i remember
5/19/2017 8:50 AM
Posted by cmac4567 on 5/19/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 5/19/2017 2:23:00 AM (view original):
What I remember from beta was if you promise minutes you get a bump in multiplier for all HV and CV's after. If the recruit has a preference in playing time the multiplier is greater if he has no preference. But you get a bump not matter the preference.
I may be wrong but that's what i remember
I have the same recollection.
5/19/2017 8:56 AM
Promises effect on future recruiting actions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.