I want to see if anyone knows or has researched CS% and what main factors contribute to a catcher having a good or bad record. I would obviously start with throwing arm and accuracy, but does range and/or glove have anything to do with it?

I have a catcher in one league that has a crap % and has 69 AS and 63 AA with a 2 Range. In another league I have a catcher with a league leading % with 74 AS and 68 AA with a 17 Range. Catcher 2 is obviously better but I wouldn't think there would be that big of a drop off. Also, there could be factors such as the baserunners and manager settings of opposing teams, but just wanted to throw this out there.....
5/10/2017 10:26 AM
AS deters attempts, AA gets them out. Range/glove do not factor in.

Comparing across worlds is almost impossible. Some coaches run when they should not. If you're success rate is lower than 70, more or less, you should adjust down.
5/10/2017 10:49 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.