Running from trips Topic

Which do you want your receivers to have when running from trips, high blocking rating or high strength rating?
5/10/2017 5:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It would depend on what you intend to do with the wr!! When I run from "trips" I like to have one wr with rb qualities, ie. above ave. speed, strength, agility and elu. I will set him in the wr3 position and run him outside 40% of the time. I practice blocking and strength with all receivers although I am not sure what impact it has on the running game. I set my running for RB 100% inside and QB 20%, RB 40% and WR3 40% for outside run attempting to simulate the "flexbone" run by Navy, Ga.Tech and a few others.
5/10/2017 8:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ebels suggestion is probably the best if you plan on making a trips set that is only for running. Stick the freshman in there cause it really probably doesn't matter a whole lot what their strength and blocking is.
5/11/2017 10:22 PM
No one knows for sure but I would try what Ebels and Genuvar said. WR blocking aint supposed to mean a whole helluva lot. If you use the default Balanced practice plan for wr they dont put a point into blocking. I would put some points into strength . Not scientific or anything, but I just figure once he makes the catch then he is no different than a RB and strength might help.
5/12/2017 3:51 AM
I do trips running with 30 % passing to my best receiver. And nothing to the others. That way a team can't stack against a run
5/12/2017 1:30 PM
Alek, it appears that your question is specific to when the RB carries the ball, when running from Trips. Assuming only that case, I think mojo gives the best advice....meaning that no one really knows how the WRs (and even TEs and other RBs for that matter) influence a running play.

One can speculate, but it is not clear. There is supposed to be (as I recall) some "influence" injected by WRs and others when a play is in their "area" of the field (in this case an outside run). It is unclear how much influence exists and which factors are pertinent to that influence.

Personally, I value BLK from my WRs when I'm using them as blockers. However, STR may be equally or more important. Since it does not appear to "directly affect" the play, I suspect that the influence is so slight that it really does not matter and you should just recruit good receivers, and use your best (or a freshman as mentioned) to play during your running plays.

Another thing to MAYBE consider (and this may be giving the engine too much credit) is what defense you are facing. Is the WR facing a LB? or a CB? If the WR is facing a LB (via a 4-4), maybe STR is more important...if facing a CB (via a Nickel), then perhaps BLK is more important?
5/13/2017 6:59 AM
If you do put the freshman in there, might want to take them out for big games because they will commit more penalties.
5/14/2017 6:27 AM
Running from trips Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.