Griffey World S40 Topic

We're ready to enter Season 40 in Griffey World, and we're looking for a few new owners. We're looking for experienced owners with a demonstrable track record of success, but we will consider newer owners. We're a solid, drama-free world with many long-time owners with an appreciation for the league's history. We have an active world chat, but there's not a lot of trash talking or arguments, so if that sounds appealing to you, please contact me.
5/11/2017 7:00 AM
Highly recommended world. Trav does a great job, and it is remarkably free of bickering.
5/11/2017 8:50 PM
NL East
Trenton
6/12/2017 6:38 AM (edited)
Just signed up yesterday and there were still at least 3 great teams. Sign up and let's get rolling!
5/20/2017 5:39 PM
I'll give Toronto a shot. Any unique world rules to be aware of?
5/26/2017 10:14 PM
Here are our world rules:

Owners who lose 200 games or more over consecutive seasons are subject to a vote, which will be held during the playoffs.

Owners who persistently neglect their minors may also be subject to a referendum at the end of the season.

Cash in trades exceeding salaries of included players is not forbidden, but strongly discouraged and usually vetoed.

Owners who lose 300 games or more over three consecutive seasons will be automatically dismissed.

Type A free agents may not be traded in the season which they signed until draft prospects are visible.
5/27/2017 10:34 AM (edited)
Is that Vernon Ruth 3B Trenton signed or a free agent?
6/6/2017 11:34 AM
Posted by chisox378 on 6/6/2017 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Is that Vernon Ruth 3B Trenton signed or a free agent?
Looks like he's heading into his second year of arbitration, so he's under team control for at least two more seasons.
6/6/2017 3:55 PM
I'm a new owner in this league, excited to kick off S40, just two spots to go.
6/11/2017 1:37 PM
6/12/2017 7:49 AM
Griffey World S40 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.