Starling Marte, Bob Watson and pitching in Fenway Topic

Starling Marte 2016 likes Fenway Park. With 154 games played, his line is:

.321, 4 home runs, 56 stolen bases,

Bob Watson 1974, who I picked up on Waiver Wire halfway through the season, turns out to be a useful inexpensive 1B option at $3.4 mil. He is batting .354 with 5 HR and a .406 OBP in 350 PA. So, at least in the right stadium (Fenway in this case) he could help you build a good $80 mil team with money left over for stars at other positions.

The team is (MLB118365) 84-70, one game back in the Wildcard race. Starting rotation ERAs:

Maddux 97: 3.44
Doc White 06: 3.32
Joss 04: 2.79
Three Finger Brown 07: 3.52

The key to a place like Fenway is to keep OAV down I think. More than WHIP, which I usually treat as more important. But in some places it is better to give up a walk but not let anybody hit it. Others here may have a lot more experience in such hitters parks and have a different view.

I think speed with doubles power and some fielding (the opposite of the traditional Red Sox teams for about 80 years up to 2004 at least) does well as an offense. But this is my third try at a Fenway team and the best so far I have managed is a second place finish. So, still more to learn.
5/11/2017 8:57 AM
Starling Marte, Bob Watson and pitching in Fenway Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.