What is the trigger... Topic

...for a "Wants Success" preference? I was under the impression that it meant the player wants to go to a program that has a tradition of success. Seeing as my currently 5-19 Nebraska program hardly fits that bill but has a "Good" preference advantage in that category, I'm a little confused.
It isn't because of anything the last couple seasons because Simmy piloted them to 1-26 and 6-22 the two seasons prior to this one.
5/13/2017 11:19 PM
Posted by rednu on 5/13/2017 11:19:00 PM (view original):
...for a "Wants Success" preference? I was under the impression that it meant the player wants to go to a program that has a tradition of success. Seeing as my currently 5-19 Nebraska program hardly fits that bill but has a "Good" preference advantage in that category, I'm a little confused.
It isn't because of anything the last couple seasons because Simmy piloted them to 1-26 and 6-22 the two seasons prior to this one.
I have wondered the same thing. ANYBODY KNOW?
5/14/2017 6:37 AM
From what I can tell prestige seems to be the biggest driver, but you need to be in the D range to get the "wants rebuild" preference and get out of the 'good' range for success.
5/14/2017 7:01 AM
Most D1 schools, especially higher baseline prestige Big 6 schools, are going to be at least "good" for "wants success". Most D3 schools are going to top out at "good" for that preference. Conversely, for "wants rebuild", schools at lower levels are more likely to get to good and very good. I've never had a D1 team bad enough to be anything below neutral for "wants rebuild," and I've taken over some bad teams. But at neutral, I was still getting more credit than better D1 opponents, for that single preference anyway.
5/14/2017 9:22 AM
"Most D3 schools are going to top out at "good" for that preference."

ALL D3 schools top out at Good for Success. It's not possible to get VG at D3 just like it's not possible to get Very Bad at D1.
5/14/2017 9:35 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 5/14/2017 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Most D1 schools, especially higher baseline prestige Big 6 schools, are going to be at least "good" for "wants success". Most D3 schools are going to top out at "good" for that preference. Conversely, for "wants rebuild", schools at lower levels are more likely to get to good and very good. I've never had a D1 team bad enough to be anything below neutral for "wants rebuild," and I've taken over some bad teams. But at neutral, I was still getting more credit than better D1 opponents, for that single preference anyway.
That's good to know...I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out how 24 wins scattered across the 4-season timeframe remotely added up to "Good."

Kids these days...
5/14/2017 9:53 PM
As another data point, I just took over Villanova in Knight. They are at D+ prestige and have been awful the last several seasons.

I'm currently showing as Bad for Wants Success and Good for Wants Rebuild.
5/15/2017 3:08 PM
Posted by Benis on 5/14/2017 9:35:00 AM (view original):
"Most D3 schools are going to top out at "good" for that preference."

ALL D3 schools top out at Good for Success. It's not possible to get VG at D3 just like it's not possible to get Very Bad at D1.
Was that ever verified by a ticket, or by an admin? I haven't seen either, but I'm not presuming it's impossible.
5/15/2017 7:52 PM
while we are talking about pipelines, I've thought that pipeline into specific high schools or cities could be cool

3.0 gives one small way to do it - if you have a player from a given high school on your roster, you have visibility of all players at that school at say level 2

wouldnt that be cool?
5/15/2017 7:59 PM
What is the trigger... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.