Replace Play Style Preference Topic

Posted by mbriese on 5/15/2017 6:05:00 PM (view original):
I love the NBA Pipeline and GPA ideas. I know the NBA Pipeline one would only apply to D1 schools, but I don't see that as much of an issue if it's only a preference for some D1 recruits. It'd be an interesting strategy add to devote more time than the minimum to study hall to boost your rating for recruiting.
When I presented the idea in beta, my proposal was to have academic preference determined by team GPA, and a "pro ball" preference determined by a combo of NBA draftees (for D1 coaches) and team IQ development, premise being that some kids who aren't going to be playing pro ball may still want to coach someday. This presents a good trichotomy between investing in IQ, ability development, and IQ development. Each of them could potentially play a part in how your standing sits for players with a preference in this category, and both preferences would also be affected by your own team building choices - you could potentially boost your standing for both, by prioritizing high school GPA and knowing your sets.
5/15/2017 7:48 PM
I think the GPA preference is a great idea! As for the NBA one...

[sarcasm] Yes, let's please add one more thing that only benefits power 5 and decreases the parity even more. That way more coaches can quit. [end/sarcasm]
5/17/2017 1:15 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 5/17/2017 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I think the GPA preference is a great idea! As for the NBA one...

[sarcasm] Yes, let's please add one more thing that only benefits power 5 and decreases the parity even more. That way more coaches can quit. [end/sarcasm]
And what player joins a DI Power 5 conference basketball to concentrate on a quality education especially if they want to get into the NBA?! If a player wants to focus on grades while in school then those schools should appear as a 'Bad' or 'Very Bad'?
5/17/2017 2:28 PM
All the preferences are fine with me. Changes were widely discussed in Beta. I think we are at the best choices
5/17/2017 4:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
Replace Play Style Preference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.