18 open scholarships 5 green Topic

18 open scholarships after day 2 I only have 5 green. I'm D1 Utah and Youngstown State from D1AA has more D1 recruits green. Ive promised everything to certain recruits. They will accept starting or play time but not even put me on their top3. These sims are ridiculous. I never have problems recruiting. I'm gone after this season. **** it theres no way you can win if you cant recruit what you need. D1 is bullshit
5/15/2017 1:26 PM
Maybe you could hit up the Youngstown State coach for some recruiting tips.
5/15/2017 1:31 PM
Well, Utah is not exactly a prime location for recruiting. I have them ranked 117th out of 119 D1A schools when it comes to ease of recruiting.
5/15/2017 1:38 PM
ebel recruiting D1AA just as easy as D3. I expected D1 to be harder but its really ridiculous. I see why coaches stay lower and never move up. I definitely see that Utah is a horrible place to recruit at. hardly any recruits within distance. I did better recruiting with Ohio U.
5/15/2017 1:53 PM
check out the other thread right below this title knocking off sims. there's a couple posts in there that would probably help

also utah is a non-bcs school and no recent success so it's actually pretty similar to recruiting from a iaa school, except you have access to all recruits

if you try to recruit all players in top25 or 50 you will not have enough money to fill all schollies

find some undecided players that you can win cheap that are good enough to help you.... usually at rb, wr, lb, db

save your money for where you're gonna need it, on the ol and dl. be patient at first, see where the top schools plant their flags and see what's left for you. you are at the bottom of the totem pole; you get to eat last. invest you money knocking off simai for good lineman

also probably gonna want to invest in a qb. so that means your spending majority of your money on 6-7 players and go budget friendly on the rest. recruit for growth and avoid almost all human battles

then in 4th season go to WIS Championship game
5/15/2017 2:08 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 5/15/2017 2:08:00 PM (view original):
check out the other thread right below this title knocking off sims. there's a couple posts in there that would probably help

also utah is a non-bcs school and no recent success so it's actually pretty similar to recruiting from a iaa school, except you have access to all recruits

if you try to recruit all players in top25 or 50 you will not have enough money to fill all schollies

find some undecided players that you can win cheap that are good enough to help you.... usually at rb, wr, lb, db

save your money for where you're gonna need it, on the ol and dl. be patient at first, see where the top schools plant their flags and see what's left for you. you are at the bottom of the totem pole; you get to eat last. invest you money knocking off simai for good lineman

also probably gonna want to invest in a qb. so that means your spending majority of your money on 6-7 players and go budget friendly on the rest. recruit for growth and avoid almost all human battles

then in 4th season go to WIS Championship game
+1

Stick to campus visits only in recruiting at D1. You can use 1 a/c scout if you want to know everything about a recruit's potential, but outside of that use only campus visits. They are most bang for buck, and if campus visit is rejected you get your money back.
5/15/2017 2:11 PM
Good advice thanks guys
5/15/2017 2:57 PM

recruiting D1AA just as easy as D3

Someone has never spent $70,000 on recruits, knocking off human and sim coaches alike, only to have 1-A schools come in later and take those recruits.

5/15/2017 5:44 PM
18 open scholarships 5 green Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.