he's been around forever, always been like this. i think there are past forum discussions about him.
5/16/2017 2:33 PM
He probably takes a lot of the game play advice that he finds in these forums.
5/16/2017 3:02 PM
I agree with bathtubhippo. If it's the guy I remember, there was a few threads who talked about how he moved from team to team, acting like a vampire to the previous coaches' success in recruiting and by the time his guys were upperclassmen, would jump to another ready made team. You could clearly see his record got worse and worse everywhere he went as he was there longer. It was quite apparent what he was up to.
5/16/2017 3:13 PM
Reigny's an HD legend...used to own Bentley in pretty much every world, owned the WIS record for futility for most consecutive losses (117) at one time and still might, pretty sure he was the one who famously broke the game by getting an F-rating so horrid that it reset to an A+, signed walk-ons to scholarships with regularity and was absolutely the last thing you wanted to see taking a team in your league because you knew it was instant RPI/SOS death each year. Kind of a silent version of CoachWard.
5/16/2017 3:25 PM
Wonder if he has some bizarre vendetta against Bentley in real life and takes out his anger by trashing their fictional basketball team in HD.
5/16/2017 3:57 PM
Check his HBD record. I think he's just a dude who likes to play sim games but isn't very adept at them.
5/16/2017 3:59 PM
He's basically paying full price for his seasons too. So he's spent almost 7 grand playing this game. Yikes.
5/16/2017 4:07 PM
Can we get a coach interview with him?
5/16/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 5/16/2017 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Can we get a coach interview with him?
I second.
5/16/2017 4:41 PM
Posted by rednu on 5/16/2017 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Reigny's an HD legend...used to own Bentley in pretty much every world, owned the WIS record for futility for most consecutive losses (117) at one time and still might, pretty sure he was the one who famously broke the game by getting an F-rating so horrid that it reset to an A+, signed walk-ons to scholarships with regularity and was absolutely the last thing you wanted to see taking a team in your league because you knew it was instant RPI/SOS death each year. Kind of a silent version of CoachWard.
Have to mention my name when I just surf the forums do you rednu?
5/16/2017 5:09 PM
Reigny is not Site Staff.

We do not wish to speculate, but it appears that he enjoys the games, as he regularly checks in on all of his teams, but appears to struggle with how to manage a team.

We have reached out to him on numerous occasions to discuss his poor performance with very limited responses. If anyone can get through to him, please help him out!
5/16/2017 6:14 PM
hes in my tark conference, and I don't remember him ever talking in the CC, at least not in the last 10-15 seasons. He's been there for a long time too. I've tried to talk to him before, but no luck.
5/16/2017 6:15 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/16/2017 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 5/16/2017 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Have to mention my name when I just surf the forums do you rednu?
When the comparison seems appropriate, yes.

I've never known reigny to respond to site mails, conference chats, game requests or here on the boards. Back when I was doing daily write-ups in Rupp, I made an effort to contact him when one of his teams snapped a huge losing streak with an incredible RNG outlier result in the opening round of the conference tournament. I also tried to schedule him for exhibitions and never got a response. Definitely one of the WIS's more mysterious figures both in terms of game futility and with regard to love for the game itself as demonstrated through sustained dedicated play.

At the risk of steering the thread off course, another of HD's mysterious types that I always wish we'd have gotten a story on was, as I recall, count_dracula (or some variant of the spelling) who appropriately coached Transylvania in the Tark world for an extended period of time. Had the team positioned as a perennial contender in the world, but never talked, never responded to human requests for games and, as best I could tell, was active only in that one world. Just given the screen name and the school I always thought there was an intriguing story there to be told.
5/16/2017 6:52 PM
I remember count_dracula. I was at DIII Colorado for a good stretch. He always scheduled SIMs and ended up with a great record/terrible SOS.

The WIS response made me laugh. Reigny does more than struggle. The guy is intentionally trying to lose...who knows why...
5/17/2017 9:02 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2017 9:32:00 AM (view original):
I don't think that's true. Some people just can't grasp the concept and/or don't care to. He's always had double digit teams in HBD. He's active but terrible.

Then again, maybe being terrible brings him the site fame that he wants. Who knows? is probably right.
He's definitely not active. His team in Tark has all Sim signed players.... and he's been there 16 seasons.
5/17/2017 8:30 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.