3.0 Strategy Discussion Topic

Posted by zorzii on 5/17/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/17/2017 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I battle (at any level) if:

I think I have a reasonable chance of winning (or getting to VH now).
I don't have another option that is close to as good.

Trouble with D3 is that you are in fights everywhere unless you pick last and just go for players nobody wants.
This isn't true.
5/17/2017 12:06 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/17/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/17/2017 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I battle (at any level) if:

I think I have a reasonable chance of winning (or getting to VH now).
I don't have another option that is close to as good.

Trouble with D3 is that you are in fights everywhere unless you pick last and just go for players nobody wants.
What players are you trying to grab at D3 (D2? D1?) and what location school?
5/17/2017 12:24 PM
Quote post by MikeT23 on 5/11/2017 2:39:00 PM:
Posted by Benis on 5/11/2017 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Even D3 teams can beat D1 teams now.
WOO-HOO!!!!
Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer? Odds
Texas, San Antonio twencoach DI B- Very High Yes 66%
W. Connecticut St. MikeT23 DIII B High Yes 34%
CSU, Dominguez Hills phalla DII A+ Very Low No 0%
Oklahoma State awhoosier DI A- Very Low No 0%

I picked first. The others showed up late. TSA only on the deciding cycle. I have others, mostly just SIMAI showing up late and getting beat back but I seldom sign "players nobody wants" or pick last.
5/17/2017 12:32 PM
I definitely try to draw a line and understand who I can and cannot go for. As much as I would like a top 5 player at his position is isn't reasonable for my lowly C+ TCU to go for it. Unless something is blatantly wrong with the recruit I cant go for that caliber yet.

I think especially at D1 understanding your scope and who / when to battle is key. I have yet to lose a battle in 3.0 and have competed in a few. The closest was a coin flip at 54-46%. Many coaches settle too much as they don't know how to win a battle or foster a backup option. I do however also feel im one of the few coaches in D1 that like to fill to 11-12 player consistently redshirting a player every season. I will pull a guy that will need 2-3 seasons of development but will be starter material his JR year with a redshirt. If he doesn't develop I'll just pull a 600+ guy that will take his place.
5/17/2017 12:53 PM
I am in Baltimore, Maryland.

I had a long list and am dropping names as I go along, I am down to six (six schollies). Contested everywhere.
5/17/2017 1:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2017 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Quote post by MikeT23 on 5/11/2017 2:39:00 PM:
Posted by Benis on 5/11/2017 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Even D3 teams can beat D1 teams now.
WOO-HOO!!!!
Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer? Odds
Texas, San Antonio twencoach DI B- Very High Yes 66%
W. Connecticut St. MikeT23 DIII B High Yes 34%
CSU, Dominguez Hills phalla DII A+ Very Low No 0%
Oklahoma State awhoosier DI A- Very Low No 0%

I picked first. The others showed up late. TSA only on the deciding cycle. I have others, mostly just SIMAI showing up late and getting beat back but I seldom sign "players nobody wants" or pick last.
How is that possible if you picked up first!? Recruiting just started off in Knight and as far as I see when going after DI recruits, DI schools are marked "VH", or"H" while all the D2 or D3 schools are marked "Moderate" or lower. Take a look at this, all the lower level schools gave up (as they should).
Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer?
Milwaukee Sim AI DI D Very High Yes
Siena zhawks DI D- Moderate Yes
Alma bofreedom DIII B+ Very Low No
Bemidji St. majresorter DII A- Very Low No
Macalester zagsrulez DIII C+ Very Low No
Minnesota St., Mankato giveupyet DII A- Very Low No
Missouri State Sim AI DI D Very Low No
Missouri, St. Louis toddsamples1 DII A- Very Low No
Tennessee State Sim AI DI D Very Low No
5/17/2017 1:20 PM
I was the first school on him. OSU came in a couple of cycles later. He obviously wasn't serious or he could have easily taken the guy. T, SA and CSU showed up on the last cycle.
5/17/2017 1:24 PM
Oh my bad, I read your chart wrong. I thought you were the DI coach. Correct me if I am wrong but the only way a DIII could possibly l win in a battle vs a DI backup player is if they go in early with a lot of AP as well as willing to give starts and minutes.
5/17/2017 1:29 PM
I didn't give starts or minutes. I think I gave over 200 AP and 3 HV. The D1 that offered wasn't listed until the decision cycle. My guess is just offered a schollie when it opened up to all D1 on last cycle.
5/17/2017 1:35 PM
I beat many D1 teams on a three stars players at D2 but he does not have much upside. Key to my win : all-in, massive ap, good preferences but most of all, a late preference that became a first cycle, 2nd session, signing. I would not have been able to hold on and won on a vh:73 % to a H 27%.
5/17/2017 7:44 PM
◂ Prev 12
3.0 Strategy Discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.