Operation FILL A WORLD Topic

Posted by thewizard17 on 5/18/2017 2:30:00 PM (view original):
I don't think I could ever do it. The stress of all of the recruiting battles would drive me insane.
You know, I love uncertainty, games like this, were it literally comes down to a die roll is what I grew up.

I suspect that if this is successful there will be very few uncontested recruits (and slow down zone becomes very popular).
5/18/2017 2:53 PM
Count me in TJ. I'd prefer it to be in Rupp since it seems the rest of my conference is in, but whatever is decided is fine with me. I'm not going to be the lone D2 school going against at least a half filled D1 world.
5/18/2017 3:30 PM
I'm not as good as most but I guess I'll give it a shot I haven't played D1 yet. I also hear the D2 guys and I have had a D2 team for awhile but if D1 gets full then it's back to maybe getting a D1 player that falls through mostly D2 which means D3 will have to recruit D3 players. You sure you want to ruin the game like that? (sarcasm)
The Question will be (and what i expect to happen) is when it's full and the cream rises to the top will us middle of the road coaches keep fighting or will they drop back? I believe with the randomness of the signing's if guys like me can get a stud every now and then to keep it from being a slaughter fest some may stay.

But I'm in TJ
5/18/2017 3:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 5/18/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
I'm interested in the human psychology aspect of this...will a large number of users be able to reprogram their brains into seeing D1 players with the crappy ratings/potentials they're going to get stuck recruiting under a "full(er) world" environment or will everyone be expecting to harness the same talent and team types they can in the status quo with much frustration and gnashing of the teeth to ensue? When D1 teams start to look like second-tier D2 teams in the other 9 worlds, what happens...?
There will be much ******** and moaning how D1 sucks with "near full" levels under 3.0. I'd wager almost anything that it will happen.
Your money and mine will be riding on the same side of that wager. I've got a D3 team in the University in Rupp that I'd be hesitant to release, but it'll be fun to watch the carnage from a distance :)
5/18/2017 4:03 PM
If nothing else, it will be interesting. D2 is gonna get real competitive, real quick. So there's no way everyone will qualify at the same time(or roughly the same time). Then there's the fact that 100ish schools are already taken in D1 and, most likely, they're the better options. That said, the fact that North Texas has a chance to beat Texas for a recruit makes NoTex playable.

Just wondering if the 2.0 proponents will stick if/when D1 gets flooded.
5/18/2017 5:12 PM
Might see about moving lane up to d1, maybe. Possibly. If I have a good spot I like.
5/18/2017 9:46 PM
I'm new but would like to strive for this. Im on 3rd year in Allen d3
5/18/2017 10:56 PM
Posted by Indianajoinz on 5/18/2017 10:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm new but would like to strive for this. Im on 3rd year in Allen d3
It is happening in the Rupp world. Go ahead and reserve a team.
5/18/2017 11:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jimt14120 on 5/18/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
I just joined
And there's the 8th Little East-Smith guy!!!!
A 9th from LE-Smith joined Rupp.

Come on in, the water is fine!!
5/19/2017 6:42 AM
I don't have the time. Sorry guys. I will be super interested to watch from a distance however!
5/19/2017 7:10 AM
In
5/19/2017 11:11 AM
Anyone who will be new to Rupp next season, I will likely qualify for D2 next season. Polytechnic in CUNY conf is a "built" team. If you are willing to risk the hiring process, it may be a better path than reserving a long-time Sim team.
5/19/2017 11:14 AM
I just signed up for Auburn. I think. I got distracted while I was doing it and can't remember exactly which one it was.
5/19/2017 11:32 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/18/2017 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Here are my thoughts:

OPERATION FILL-A-WORLD

GOAL: To create a world that has as many possible owners as we can in D1. The ultimate goal would be as close to 100% as possible but i think 162 human owners (or 50%) should be the first milestone.

WHEN IT STARTS: Rupp sign ups are on 6/5.

REASON WHY WE ARE DOING THIS:

1. Increased competition.
2. Curious about how it affects recruiting (and the impacts of this on D2).
3. Promote general interest in the game.
4. Effects multiple owners have on prestige levels

THINGS WE CAN TRACK IN THE FORUMS TO SELL THIS:

1. Total # of people who have joined each season
2. Total human owners
3. Number of "starred" recruits signed in D2
4. Number of people working their way up and coming to D1
5. Prestige level of mid majors
6. Personal stories of the recruiting experience

What do you guys think? I will post this in a poll in a different thread.

I think if we can get 30 people early the idea will gain some serious traction.
Do you intend to track this? Create another thread?

Either way, this one(or a new one if created) should get bumped up to to top as often as possible.
5/19/2017 11:38 AM
Can someone check the NEWS section in Rupp and see if I did sign up for Auburn? I am now thinking it might have been OK STATE or Howard.
5/19/2017 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Operation FILL A WORLD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.