I need some help. Does anyone know what I can do when I designated w revokible versus waive. I cannot assign the players as they say they need to go to minors. I can't trade because they are not on roster. They are really good players.
5/17/2017 10:34 PM
Mostly from an old dedelman post:
If you designate a player without options for assignment with revocable waivers and he gets claimed, the player enters a sort-of limbo where the only two options you have are to trade him to the claiming team or release him; you can't assign him anywhere.

Next time, just waive these players without designating. Then, if they clear, you can demote (and remove from 40-man roster if necessary). If they don't, they're still on the BL roster. If you really need him off the major league roster right away, and are willing to lose him, designate him with irrevocable waivers (and lose him if claimed). If the player has options remaining, demote him if you want him off the ML roster, then place him on revocable waivers without designating him.
5/18/2017 8:54 AM (edited)
When you designate players they're removed from your 40 man roster immediately. Can you put them back on the 40? If so, you'd still have to trade (or release) them if I understand the situation correctly.

5/18/2017 8:19 AM
He has to trade (or release) them regardless.
5/18/2017 9:47 AM
sooner or later it happens to all of us
5/18/2017 10:53 AM
Got me sooner!!
3/20/2018 9:50 PM
I screw up once when I first started and did that. I just left my guy unassigned. I didn't trade him and didn't release him. When we rolled and the offseason started, I was able to put him back on my ML roster.
3/21/2018 4:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.