First time player question? Topic

SO i have played GD before. I was wondering if the recruiting is like GD, which is before the season and i sign all the players for the season i signed up for, or are they already signed for this season and i find them for next season?
5/18/2017 5:31 PM
As a new coach you will take over a team after recruiting has finished.
5/18/2017 5:49 PM
Posted by bonesJ on 5/18/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
SO i have played GD before. I was wondering if the recruiting is like GD, which is before the season and i sign all the players for the season i signed up for, or are they already signed for this season and i find them for next season?
So it used to be that way, but during the 2.0 to 3.0 switch they made it so that you can do in season recruiting for the first phase and then the second phase is after the NT concludes. It is possible to sign in both phases, but if you sign someone in the first phase, you can't take back that signing. So it takes some planning to not jump the gun, but also to not wait until it's too late.

As a new coach I would suggest taking a team with 5-6 juniors and maybe 1-2 seniors. You'll possibly get the chance to recruit in phase two, but you won't be strapped with sim signed guys and you can recruit for a full six in the next season.
5/18/2017 8:25 PM (edited)
First time player question? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.