Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 12/21/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Yes because it's true.

You're a good example. I could say "Damn, that water sure is wet" and you'd find a way to say it's not really as wet as I'm acting like it is. There are dozens like that. I peed in a corner of your playground and you didn't like it.
Not true.

A couple weeks ago you made the thread called Coach Spud with the picture of the dude in cuttoffs. It was funny and I even posted "now that's funny!"

If something is funny, I'll say so, even if the person saying it is a tool. I hold no grudges on humor.
12/21/2017 4:03 PM
Had a few late sign-ups. Final numbers for Rupp 100:
D1-126
D2-65
D3-69

12/21/2017 4:04 PM
Besides, TJ is the one who brought up that you weren't funny. He's interacted with you WAY before you started your courageous and selfless crusade against whiny HD coaches.
12/21/2017 4:05 PM
If I don't remember, it doesn't count. I don't remember him before HD.
12/21/2017 4:06 PM
Plus I used to be pretty mean about everything. So, if his panties got bunched back then, he probably never unbunched them.
12/21/2017 4:07 PM
More importantly, we have 126 in D1. Is that the most? I know of 4 others working their way there. Barring something stupid, three will move up next season.
12/21/2017 4:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/21/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Plus I used to be pretty mean about everything. So, if his panties got bunched back then, he probably never unbunched them.
Were you mean because someone bunched up yours?

If you'd like to talk about it, we are all here for you.
12/21/2017 4:09 PM
Nah. Just a group of users thought they ran the forums. Eventually most of them became friendly when they realized this is a simgame sports site. Kinda like the long-time HD users think HD is THEIR game and WifS shouldn't have made changes without their approval. I expect all of you to come around.
12/21/2017 4:11 PM
Well, I'm killing time before going to drink some beers, so I'll indulge.

Most people were really excited when it was announced there would be changes. Seble started threads asking for inputs and suggestions. They went on for a couple dozen pages without really any bickering, most was really constructive. Then Beta was released and it didn't address the most common issues that were talked about in the suggestion thread. It fixed some things while creating new issues.

Most predicted that this new version would not be popular with current users and wouldn't do well in attracting new users (or retaining them). As the numbers show - this has happened.
12/21/2017 4:28 PM
I'm about to head to the gym so I don't have much time.

I'm sure seble listened to the users and decided what he felt was best for the company. You don't have to be a mindreader to know a lot of those who are unhappy but still around were "protecting their turf". You know "participation trophy!!!", "pay your dues!!!", "no way would that recruit go to that crap C- school", etc, etc. I'm sure many of the suggestions were along those lines. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that having the top always remain on top is the way to sell a game. IOW, not many are willing to put in 6-7 seasons before taking UNC Asheville. Then playing with that mess for several seasons before being "lucky enough" to get a terrible B10 team. That's 2 real life years in an ADD society. While the changes were unpopular, they probably didn't tilt the scales far enough to bring in more users because of that 2 year journey to a bad SEC team.

So we have a game that old school didn't like and new school doesn't find enticing due to the 2 year slog to bad teams in good conferences. But they tried. Yay?
12/21/2017 4:36 PM
I'll add you have people like me who will tolerate the 2 year trek because now I know I don't have to be AT UNC to have a CHANCE to compete with UNC. The old game did not offer that.
12/21/2017 4:37 PM
"You don't have to be a mindreader to know a lot of those who are unhappy but still around were "protecting their turf".

This may apply to some people but it's a gross oversimplification of what has actually happened. Many of the people who were 'protecting their turf' are as successful or even MORE successful in the new system.
12/21/2017 4:41 PM
Speaking for myself - I had no 'turf' to protect and still disagreed with many of the changes. They've actually helped me become more successful at D1 since I was able to take a D prestige D1 team to the FF in only a few season - which would have been WAY harder in the previous version.
12/21/2017 4:43 PM
I'll also add that I initially thought in season recruiting was a good idea even though it was opposed by a ton of people. I thought it was a great idea.

But I realize now that it wasn't a good idea and does more harm than good (not being able to recruit 1st season, changing jobs sucks).
12/21/2017 4:45 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/21/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
"You don't have to be a mindreader to know a lot of those who are unhappy but still around were "protecting their turf".

This may apply to some people but it's a gross oversimplification of what has actually happened. Many of the people who were 'protecting their turf' are as successful or even MORE successful in the new system.
Like 0nly. 3.0 turned him from a great coach to arguably the 2nd best in the game (buddha god).
12/21/2017 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.