Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Posted by crabman26 on 6/20/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Gonna be honest, right now D3 is holding ZERO interest for me...my first mistake was picking a project D3 team I fully realize that...even still, D1, even low level D1, is what interests me and its going to take forever to get there. Not sure I'll make it very long unless something gets more fun
Right there with you, but I still plan on moving up to DII and picking up a team I can make successful in a season or two.
6/20/2017 5:32 PM
It's difficult to run a team you know you're leaving. Everyone knows this. I'm in my 3rd year at D2. Simmy's crap was the normal wasted season. Half of simmy's crap meant I was just developing my guys for this season. With any luck, the guys I recruited last year will be seniors when I'm gone. Hard to care what shape the team is in when I move. I just want to win now and move on.
6/20/2017 5:35 PM
Posted by mbriese on 6/20/2017 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 6/20/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Gonna be honest, right now D3 is holding ZERO interest for me...my first mistake was picking a project D3 team I fully realize that...even still, D1, even low level D1, is what interests me and its going to take forever to get there. Not sure I'll make it very long unless something gets more fun
Right there with you, but I still plan on moving up to DII and picking up a team I can make successful in a season or two.
Yeah, maybe if I can get to D2 it will give me a little more enthusiasm....man I wish we could start at low level D1...
6/20/2017 5:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
It's difficult to run a team you know you're leaving. Everyone knows this. I'm in my 3rd year at D2. Simmy's crap was the normal wasted season. Half of simmy's crap meant I was just developing my guys for this season. With any luck, the guys I recruited last year will be seniors when I'm gone. Hard to care what shape the team is in when I move. I just want to win now and move on.
yeah, all very true. I also like to play against schools Ive actually heard of...
6/20/2017 5:37 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 6/20/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
yeah, all very true. I also like to play against schools Ive actually heard of...
To me it's less that and more recruiting and developing your own players. I would probably get in to this D3 team (at least recruiting-wise) if I thought I was staying longer than this season, but I'm just trying to win 12+ games so that I can qualify for most D2 jobs. Once we get there I know I'll be much more interested. I had never heard of Limestone or SW Baptist before, but I love managing them in Knight and Phelan, so much so that I'm considering sticking around with one of them instead of making the jump to D1.
6/20/2017 5:47 PM
Posted by mbriese on 6/20/2017 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 6/20/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
To me it's less that and more recruiting and developing your own players. I would probably get in to this D3 team (at least recruiting-wise) if I thought I was staying longer than this season, but I'm just trying to win 12+ games so that I can qualify for most D2 jobs. Once we get there I know I'll be much more interested. I had never heard of Limestone or SW Baptist before, but I love managing them in Knight and Phelan, so much so that I'm considering sticking around with one of them instead of making the jump to D1.
Good points, I guess if I planned on staying I'd be more into D3. I do recognize more D2 teams so I'll give this a few more seasons
6/20/2017 6:08 PM
Bump for those looking for "human" conferences.
6/24/2017 10:19 AM
I will try to move up to D1. Does anyone have dibs on certain teams?
6/24/2017 11:10 AM
Nope. Take who you want. But we're just starting conference play so it will be a few weeks.
6/24/2017 1:42 PM
Nope. Take who you want. But we're just starting conference play so it will be a few weeks.
6/24/2017 1:42 PM
I'm thinking of moving to a strong DII team in a conference with little competition in order to facilitate my move to D1 asap.
6/24/2017 2:47 PM
Come to mine BBunch

Hawaii.
6/24/2017 5:05 PM (edited)
Where am I going? Wait if I move Bunch, my team is set and recruiting is going smooth.
7/18/2017 11:49 AM
I may take your team just to F it up and complain, constantly, about the crap shape you left it in.
7/18/2017 6:46 PM
I would assume it is best to move up to the best D2 program I can get right away after my first season in D3. Am I right? Or is there any benefit to staying in D3? My goal is to get to D1 ASAP.
7/18/2017 7:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...17 Next ▸
Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.