Timing of Signings Topic

I have seen people say that when players sign is hard wired - their preference - and does not depend on effort. Is that right?

Is it just hard wired?

Hard wired if SOME school has go to very high?

Does competition from a second or third school affect timing?

Anyone know or recall statements by admin?
5/19/2017 5:11 PM
My recollections...

The timing is hardwired for the recruit. If a school is high or very high at that stage, a signing will occur.

If no teams reach high/very level when the recruit is "ready" to sign, the player will continue and either sign with the first player to reach high/very high. If multiple schools move up to high/very high the same cycle, the player will make a percentage-based determination based upon the effort each expended.

Competition does not impact the timing of the recruit's decision. In beta many were wanting things to get pushed an extra session to avoid sniping scenarios, but no change was made.
5/19/2017 5:59 PM
What I remember from BETA was that the initial window for a recruit to sign was hardwired (early, end of 1st, late, etc.) but that it was not a guarantee he would sign as soon as that window was reached...even if there was a school at H or VH. For each recruiting cycle that passes after the window opens, the odds of the recruit making a decision, assuming any school has met the needed interest level, increases.
5/19/2017 7:05 PM
Timing of Signings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.