Perhaps the issue here should be whether you allow new users to join either D3 or D2. Seeing as how you can't join D2 initially, this at least makes a user feel closer to their personal end goal.
5/24/2017 3:44 PM
I think the issue is how long it takes to get the worst job in D1 with 250 openings in D1.
5/24/2017 4:12 PM
"Most move to D2 in order to reach D1; but a lot of guys can qualify for D1 and choose to stay at D3."

That statement is historically untrue. D2 used to be very strong because many people didn't like the prestige effect of D1 but liked the increase in recruiting $ and ability to recruit D1 talent. There used to be a strong contingent of D3 players (Wooden and Rupp were the best) and D2 (Tark, i think was the strongest).

The level of competition has always increased as you went up in level as well. At D3, there were maybe 10-20 or so really good coaches but at D2 there were usually 20-30. Once you got to D1, there were usually way more than 30. D3 was designed (I believe the original program said this) to learn the game but an unintended outcome was some people just never left.

With 3.0 all of that is changing....
5/24/2017 4:17 PM
What if we got rid of D3? With the amount of openings the world still wouldn't be full... However the issue I see is that who will suffer more D3 or D2? Why not get rid of the D3 (I know some coaches love D3) but if you think of it for a minute... Getting rid of D3 you can still have a tutorial season and it can speed the process up moving to D1... Competition will raise, aggressiveness will go up, and overall it will slide the community of coaches together.
5/24/2017 4:25 PM
Taking teams from users by eliminating divisions will not go well.
5/24/2017 4:27 PM
I've always thought they should reduce the rewards in D3 by third, D2 by a quarter and increase D1 by 50% or so. Of course that only works if new users are coming in.....

Maybe put some sort of tag on it like, if you win a title at D3 then future benefits get reduced or something. That would need some back end rules as well so there are D1 teams to move up to. Forcing people to change jobs after 40 seasons or so would help with that.

The biggest problem though is any time to change the rules 10% of the user base quits and WIS has never been good at acquiring new users to replace the old ones....
5/24/2017 4:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/24/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Yep. The "PAY YOUR DUES!!!!" people have been stabbing their little benis voodoo dolls since you first mentioned it.
I hate getting my little benis stabbed.
5/24/2017 4:37 PM
At this point in time, firings and term limits shouldn't be on the table.
5/24/2017 4:40 PM
What about a new world without D3? Would anyone be interested in that? We all have to also come with the realization that if this game keeps going as it is... Worlds will be closed... I don't think WIS HD will die but I don't think these many worlds can continue to survive at the pace its at.
5/24/2017 4:50 PM
The "pay your dues" people have a strong point. You should have to learn the nuiasances of the game before you play D1 and get your dick kick in by people who have been playing for 100's of seasons. The game is complicated and has a steep learning curve. The design of the game was to create an environment were new players can learn the game AND be successful. Let's give them a little credit. The current D3 system does do that. It isn't THAT hard to have a NT team with in your first 4-7 seasons.

I think the problem with the game is people don't necessarily like the learning curve. I don't blame society or a generation but the way modern games work now is that you can get pretty good WAY faster than 6 months. I haven't played a video game since the late 1980's but I am pretty sure I could go buy a game system and be pretty good at Final Fantasy whatever withing a week or so.

The pace of our game is it's biggest hindrance. I really think if they made a season 7-10 days instead of 30 it would attract a newer (and larger) audience. We, the established user base, might not flock to a faster game but the people who don't play (or played and didn't stay) would like it.

5/24/2017 4:54 PM
why not let people just start with whatever DI school they want?
5/24/2017 5:03 PM
Posted by metsmax on 5/24/2017 5:03:00 PM (view original):
why not let people just start with whatever DI school they want?
Definitely No please... I don't mind the starting from the bottom now we are here feeling. This game has a great rewarding system when you finally land that big job... At its current state it is just too slow of a grind...
5/24/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/24/2017 4:36:00 PM (view original):
I've always thought they should reduce the rewards in D3 by third, D2 by a quarter and increase D1 by 50% or so. Of course that only works if new users are coming in.....

Maybe put some sort of tag on it like, if you win a title at D3 then future benefits get reduced or something. That would need some back end rules as well so there are D1 teams to move up to. Forcing people to change jobs after 40 seasons or so would help with that.

The biggest problem though is any time to change the rules 10% of the user base quits and WIS has never been good at acquiring new users to replace the old ones....
I suggested something similar in another thread I started awhile ago.

main idea here is to not mandate moving up but to incentivize it. Win a title at D1 and you get 3x the rewards than at D3. Or whatever.

5/24/2017 5:16 PM
The nuances of the game aren't the same at D2 as at D3. I'm almost positive, despite having not played D1 in over 11 years, that D1 is different as well.

HD is not HBD with hundreds of roster decisions to make. You recruit your 12, maybe you redshirt one, maybe you cut 1-2, then you play your 12(or 11). The nuances of the O/D are learned at the level you play. The guy that works at D3 is a complete turd in D1. Recruiting is different at each level.

There just isn't much value in playing 5-6 seasons at D2/3 before going to D1. My guess is the better users are going to beat my *** at D1 while I learn the D1 game.
5/24/2017 5:29 PM
"main idea here is to not mandate moving up but to incentivize it. Win a title at D1 and you get 3x the rewards than at D3. Or whatever."

This did a while back in SIM baseball and it went over like a lead balloon. Guys played in the rookie league for less rewards (and make a gazillion alias') and the "champions league" for 150% rewards went unfilled.

My guess is that's why they are hesitant to retry it.
5/24/2017 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.