My guess is that 3.0 wasn't as successful as they had hoped and because of that, they've reallocated resources to other parts of the WIS business.
5/25/2017 12:07 PM
My guess is they aren't going to update dynasty games every 6 months because A) they're dynasty games and B) they never have updated dynasty games every 6 months.

But, if it makes folks happy, keep playing and ********. It's pointless but whatever blows your skirt up.
5/25/2017 12:34 PM
probably right, benis.

mike, you're arguing like people are just complaining in a vacuum and, sure, oftentimes they are...but they aren't on this issue. the problem here isn't the lack of updates "every 6 months" or whatever...the problem is they teased us with an update and then disappeared. valid gripe here. WIS could at least post an update on their proposed update for us, haha
5/25/2017 1:02 PM
Anyone else get the feeling they are going to give us HD 4.0 out of nowhere and blow our minds?.........no? Just me? Okay...nevermind
5/25/2017 1:04 PM
I'm not really arguing. I'm stating fact. Historically, WifS does NOT do major updates every 6 months on dynasty games. Hell, I'm not sure they do updates every 6 YEARS. So, vacuum or not, people are pointlessly complaining. It will do no good.

I've said, many times, that WifS shouldn't say "We're going to do this" and do nothing because it just leads to pointless complaining. But they do, and obviously did in this case, yet people keep giving them money and griping. That's just dumb. That's my point.

My guess is mully either A) likes to complain or B) hasn't really given them any money in years because he's playing off credits.
5/25/2017 1:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
My guess is they aren't going to update dynasty games every 6 months because A) they're dynasty games and B) they never have updated dynasty games every 6 months.

But, if it makes folks happy, keep playing and ********. It's pointless but whatever blows your skirt up.
In the past, when they made major revisions they tinkered some for a while after the launch to correct unforeseen issues

I hoped they would do the same - especially since they said they would do so.

but you may be right, this time they may not follow up - even with easy fixes of unforeseen glitches (like displaying only ten considering teams)
5/25/2017 1:17 PM
They do make minor tweaks after updates. Job change logic is not a minor tweak. Sounds like a massive overhaul and, quite frankly, I don't see timetable in their initial post.
5/25/2017 1:28 PM
"I'm not really arguing. I'm stating fact."

You've just described what nearly every person thinks when they're arguing.
5/25/2017 1:28 PM
Is there anything non-factual about WifS not doing major updates every 6 months to dynasty games?
5/25/2017 1:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):

Pointless? They read these forums and are aware of problems and potential enhancements. It wouldn't surprise me if they frequently these same topics that their customers have deemed important. Software development is an expensive process and they must be doing something right to have this going on for 15+ years now, even the smallest tweaks need to be carefully done.
5/25/2017 2:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Is there anything non-factual about WifS not doing major updates every 6 months to dynasty games?
there were some rather large tinkers in the months after potential was introduced

generally, after a major update we have seen a sustained period of small adjustments

here, we seen a couple of statements about plans (some small and some that I would regard as medium in scope) and an absence of easy needed small adjustments

I cant think of any additional major update in the six months after a major change.

5/25/2017 2:19 PM
You certainly seem to be alone in that opinion. Do you read the forums? Do you see the griping? Do you see the results of said griping?

Pointless.
5/25/2017 2:20 PM
Yes I see the complaints and just because there aren't instant results doesn't mean that WIS doesn't care. I work in IT doing software development and I'm telling you from experience that things you deem to be "small" tweaks will require months of effort to implement correctly, such as planning before any actual coding changes can even be made! I'm sorry, you obviosuly don't understand the amount of work that is required to bring you the game that you are currently playing today. The fact that there are updates at all proves that they are invested.
5/25/2017 2:27 PM
It's 8 months. And, FWIW, I've said, repeatedly, that what we think is a "small tweak" might be a major program change. So, if you want to be insulting, insult me over something I "obviously don't understand", not something I've stated many times.

Anyway, job change logic is a major overhaul. They did a major overhaul 8 months or so ago. As I said, WifS doesn't follow major updates with more major updates every 6 months. I didn't say they weren't invested or didn't care. Just that anyone expecting some major change anytime in the near future is not being realistic. They have not paid attention.
5/25/2017 2:53 PM
I'm waiting for the sassy minx who's been operating the WIS_Support account lately to come in here and say something sassy.
5/25/2017 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.