Number of Coaches Topic

I have played a few years and quit when 3.0 was rolled out and wanted to get back into the game. I was looking around at worlds and the number of coaches appears to be down among the worlds. Has this happened since 3.0 came out or am I just looking at the wrong conferences?
5/22/2017 12:30 PM
It's down. benis did a head count last month and I think it was down 15% or so from this time last year.
5/22/2017 12:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qQWElAb.png

But a lot of long-time users with multiple teams quit. New users are slowly adding 2nd teams. 12 of us in Smith came back in November. 9 of us have added a 2nd team. A few of those 9 have 3.
5/22/2017 12:33 PM
Posted by masong83 on 5/22/2017 12:30:00 PM (view original):
I have played a few years and quit when 3.0 was rolled out and wanted to get back into the game. I was looking around at worlds and the number of coaches appears to be down among the worlds. Has this happened since 3.0 came out or am I just looking at the wrong conferences?
I did the same but will be up to 4 teams when Rupp rolls over. Not sure how long I will maintain 4 teams though.

As Mike said, a lot of long time users that had multiple teams left but the new blood seems to be slowly adding additional teams.
5/22/2017 12:37 PM
Dropped down to 2 teams when the rollout was imminent and my experience in GD made me leery of changes. Have upped to 4 teams now and probably will hold steady at that amount. I'm not sure I could manage 5 teams like I did for a while under 2.0 without something falling through the cracks.
5/22/2017 3:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/22/2017 12:33:00 PM (view original):
http://i.imgur.com/qQWElAb.png

But a lot of long-time users with multiple teams quit. New users are slowly adding 2nd teams. 12 of us in Smith came back in November. 9 of us have added a 2nd team. A few of those 9 have 3.
Not just long-time coaches with multiple teams leaving outright but also long time users with multiple teams cutting back. I consistently had 5-6 teams in 2.0 and now have 3.
5/22/2017 10:08 PM
Yeah I cut back from 2 to 1. I like the game, it just takes more time to recruit now. I don't think that's a bad thing, but at High A+ D1 I used to be able to just pick my players and put my visits it and be done and now I can't so that's good I guess.
5/23/2017 2:44 PM
I have added one team since 3.0, from 3 to 4. My existing teams have mostly improved since 3.0 because the A+ teams are not as dominant and the competition has gone down.
5/23/2017 10:23 PM
Number of Coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.