3.0 Midmajor Creighton To Final Four In Naismith. Topic

In 3.0, how many midmajors (non-Big-Six) have advanced to the Final Four?
Last night in Naismith, radarpix's Creighton Bluejays advanced to the Final 4.

The last midmajor to win a Naismith National Championship was UC Riverside in Season 40.
5/23/2017 8:25 AM
Utah won the title in Wooden last season (or the one before). Memphis in Knight (bakerbarnett) went to back to back title games, iirc.
5/23/2017 8:45 AM
Any idea what's the best run by a D prestige baseline school?

I feel like this is right up chapel's alley. Hint hint.
5/23/2017 8:49 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 5/23/2017 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Utah won the title in Wooden last season (or the one before). Memphis in Knight (bakerbarnett) went to back to back title games, iirc.
Just my opinion but these B prestige mid majors arent really that different then B or B+ prestige majors. I think the best run is a final four by Jamesny's UC Santa Barbara or Only's Sac St.
5/23/2017 9:21 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/23/2017 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 5/23/2017 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Just my opinion but these B prestige mid majors arent really that different then B or B+ prestige majors. I think the best run is a final four by Jamesny's UC Santa Barbara or Only's Sac St.
I think that's pretty fair. No more conf cash.

I was thinking of Sac St too. Made E8 a couple seasons ago.
5/23/2017 10:22 AM
Congrats to radarpix!
Mid Majors are not capped anymore so that great Utah team lead by therewas47 is at an amazing A+ prestige. How many A+ prestige Mid or Low D1 schools are there across worlds?
5/23/2017 11:34 AM
Posted by Benis on 5/23/2017 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Any idea what's the best run by a D prestige baseline school?

I feel like this is right up chapel's alley. Hint hint.
Single season I think my best season at Mercer is E8, but longer term they're A- prestige, which was extremely rare for a D-baseline in 2.0.
5/23/2017 12:27 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 5/23/2017 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Congrats to radarpix!
Mid Majors are not capped anymore so that great Utah team lead by therewas47 is at an amazing A+ prestige. How many A+ prestige Mid or Low D1 schools are there across worlds?
not sure what you mean by this, "midmajors are not capped anymore"? to my understanding, they were never "capped" per se, just weighted down by baseline prestige and conference prestige, neither of which changed. getting Utah to A+ prestige is really, really good. now, getting Mercer getting to A- prestige. that's really impressive, as they are a lower baseline team in a lower baseline conference.
5/23/2017 1:12 PM
3.0 Midmajor Creighton To Final Four In Naismith. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.