Wikinson Hall of Fame Voting is on! Topic

Hey coaches, time to vote on the nominees for the next Wilkinson Hall of Fame to join Pete_61 and Bkdries as the next inductee.

All coaches are eligible to vote. Please sitemail your votes to Chetty1963 by 5pm Tuesday, May 30th.

The candidates, along with short bios are below. Special thanks to Orangepace for putting these together!

Cfbfan18: Cfbfan18 receives his first nomination for the Wilkinson Hall of Fame. While this candidate hardly needs an introduction, he almost assuredly needs a pat on the back.. DAILY! LoL. Cfbfan is not shy about voicing his opinion in the Wilkinson forums, or on the Wilkinson podcasts. Initially, his aggressiveness may be off-putting. But once you get to understand that this guy wears his heart on his sleeve, you can easily grow to appreciate all that he brings to the world. He earned this nomination by demonstrating sustained successes at both the D1AA and D1A levels; winning 10 National Titles in his tenure.

Cfbfan spent 28 seasons at Dartmouth. During his time there, he built Dartmouth into a national power, compiling a record of 404-54. He won his first National Title there in Season 31, and from won 3 of 4 (all of which he appeared in) from Seasons 35-38. In total, he won 6 National Championships at Dartmouth and 14 Conference Championships. His 14 Conference Championships at Dartmouth still stands as the most by any single coach in the history of the Ivy League. While this history alone is quite an elite resume, he decided to take it to another level...

Cfbfan has spent 29 seasons at his two most recent stops in D1A, Florida and Notre Dame, and counting. Over those 29 seasons, Cfbfan has painted his resume with a record of 327-78, 11 Conference Championships and 4 National Championships in 6 appearances. His run at Notre Dame has come while battling Tkechub, another coach nominated for the Hall of Fame, head-to-head for the last 23 seasons. The series between these two stands at 12-10 in favor of Tkechub, but over the last 18 games, Cfbfan leads 10-8. Considering the competition within his own conference, this is quite the accomplishment!

Cfbfan18's resume:
  • Overall Record: 834-205 -- Win %: 80.3% / NC's: 10 (13 app's) / CC's: 26
  • D1A Record: 373-128 -- Win %: 74.5% / NC's: 4 (6 app's) / CC's: 11
  • D1AA Record: 404-54 -- Win %: 88.2% / NC's: 6 (7 app's) / CC's: 14

Ez37: Ez37 has now received his second nomination in two opportunities. Why did I put it that way? This guy is the definition of consistency. Go ahead, look it up on urban dictionary -- I submitted it. EZ has been hanging around the Wilkinson world for seemingly forever. He took a hiatus from Seasons 23-40, but otherwise ranks in the top 5 all-time for games played in Wilkinson. Ez's had stops with various teams throughout the D1A and D1AA levels, but the theme remains the same.. CONSISTENCY. Over the last 3 seasons, EZ has compiled a 37-8 record, in the most competitive league in all of GD (70+ human coaches), won another conference championship and visited 3 more Lvl 5 Bowl games. Now, before you start challenging the committee's nominations, I was to revisit EZ's consistency. EZ's teams have a current streak of 22 consecutive Lvl 5 Bowl game appearances. WIS wants to roll out a new engine? He doesn't give a damn. To try to frame this incredible run for you... There are only 26 other coaches, in the Wilkinson world, that have more than 22 bowl appearances. No joke.

Beginning with Season 101, Ez began his most recent trek through the D1A levels, starting at Minnesota. While at Minnesota, Ez took Minnesota to 223 Wins over 18 Seasons (12.3 per for those doing the math at home). Ez won 8 conference championships and 12 Level 5 Bowls, including the WIS Championship in Season 110. Though he wasn't victorious in his lone appearance in the NC game, his sustained success at this non-elite should not be discounted. He then took this resume and parlayed that into a job with USC; beginning in Season 119. Through the next 10 seasons, Ez elevated USC to another level. He has compiled 130 wins, 7 CC's and 3 NC's, appearing in 6. Additionally, Ez has never missed a Level 5 Bowl in all his seasons at USC. This is an incredible feat in a world as heavily populated as Wilkinson has been the last 10 seasons.

Ez's historic resume is not limited to his run at D1A. Prior to jumping to Minnesota, Ez was at Florida A&M. Ez has spent 52 seasons total with Florida A&M in Wilk, bringing the program to a National Power. Ez totaled 765 wins, 24 CC's and 10 NC appearances. He won 4 of those NC appearances. I can tell you that other than Pete, Ez has had one of the most successful D1AA runs in Wilkinson history.

Ez37 resume:
  • Overall Record: 1,492-273 -- Win %: 84.5% / NC's: 7 (17 app's) / CC's: 44
  • D1A Record: 523-97 -- W%: 84.4% / NC's: 3 (7 app's) / CC's: 19
  • D1AA Record: 866-135 -- W%: 86.5% / NC's: 4 (10 app) / CC's: 25

Gators06: Gators06 has received his 2nd nomination for the Wilkinson Hall of Fame. His resume was sparkling enough last quarter, that he received the only nomination that was awarded for success below the D1AA level. Sure, there will be those that say, "This nomination was a cop-out. They only put him back up because he missed out in the first go-around." I laugh at you fools. Over the last 3 seasons, Gators has led St. Joseph's to 54-1 overall record, 3 more conference crowns and last, but surely not least, won 2 of the last 3 NC's at the D2 level. My friends (and enemies), Gators saw your double-stamp and came back with a triple-stamp! Bravo.

Gators has been terrorizing the Wilkinson world since Season 76. The move to D2 came in Season 82, taking over St. Joseph's. 47 Seasons removed from that jump, Gators hasn't left. Upon arriving at St. Joseph's, the school was coming off a 5 season run totaling 13-53; a 19.7% win ratio. That first season, Gators choreographed St. Joseph's to a 9-5 record and a playoff bid. The next 3 seasons saw continual growth from the team as the losses dropped to 4, 4 and 3. The following season, Gators led St. Joseph's to a 17-1 record and their first trip to the Final Four. St. Joseph's hasn't looked back since, as they've never lost more than 2 games in a season since Season 85. Considering the growth within the Wilkinson world over the years and thus, the influx of well seasoned coaches to the world, this is an incredible feat. A one loss season typically would make me feel all giddy inside, however, to gators06, this is just another day at work.

Gators06 elevated St. Joseph's to his 1st NC appearance in season 91 and took the hardware home. From then on, he has been no stranger to the NC picture, having appeared in the game a total of 18 times and winning 10 of those. One particular period of note spanned Season 100 through 113, a total of 14 seasons. During this period, Gators appeared in 11 NC's and won 7 times. Further, from Season 106 to 113, Gators appeared in all 8 NC games and won 5. Such sustained success is incredible in any world, let alone Wilkinson.

Gators06 resume:
  • Overall Record: 896-70 -- Win %: 92.8% / NC's: 12 (20 app's) / CC's: 44
  • D2 Record: 827-56 -- W%: 93.7% / NC's: 12 (20 app's) / CC's: 44

Miami_jefe: Jefe receives his first nomination for the Wilkinson Hall of Fame. This nomination also stands as the first for a coach based on their success at D3. Jefe's resume is like that of a play. Act #1 saw his teams collect a record of 384-93; a 80.5% win ratio. During the first act, Jefe collected 17 conference championships and lose in the only national title game appearance. Jefe then took a hiatus from the Wilkinson world for more than 40 seasons. During the intermission, Miami_jefe elevated his game to an elite level. Act #2 saw Jefe return to Wilkinson D3. During this second act, Jefe has run off 18 national championship wins, in 19 total appearances, over the 32 seasons. That means he's secured the D3 title in over 56% of the seasons since his return. Who knows what Act #3 brings -- maybe a move to D2?

Miami_jefe began in Wilkinson in season 29 with Ohio Wesleyan. He spent 27 seasons there, building Ohio Wesleyan into a power. He amassed a record of 314-84, with 12 Conference Championships and 1 National Title appearance. While he wasn't able to bring the school their first national title victory, he did elevate the program enough to make the game once. No other human coach has ever taken Ohio Wesleyan past a 1st Rd playoff exit. He then took his show on the road, landing at Colorado College. His stay there was short, but successful none-the-less. He amassed a record of 70-9 with 5 Conference Championships in 5 seasons. Then came the sabbatical to study the finer points of GD.

Miami_jefe returned in Season 101, landing at Menlo College. It took just 4 seasons for Jefe to win his 1st National Championship in Wilkinson. From there on, dear god has this guy been on a run. From Season 104 through Season 131, 28 seasons in total, Jefe dominated to a record of 507-10, winning 28 Conference Championships! During this time, he went 18-1 in National Championship games alone. Over those 28 seasons, Jefe never lost more than 1 game in a season.

Miami_jefe's resume (all at D3):
  • Overall Record: 932-110 -- Win %: 89.4% / NC's: 18 (20 app's) / CC's: 46

Tkechub: Tkechub has earned respect all across GD. In fact, he'd likely be a member of an ALL-GD HOF inaugural class. This represents his 2nd nomination for induction into the Wilkinson Hall of Fame. He has controlled the most desirable elite program in Wilkinson D1A, Penn State, for the last 61 seasons.

Tkechub has owned while at Penn State. Many have tried and falled to tkechub, as evidenced by the 769 wins and 20 conference championships in a what always has been a loaded Big Ten. The season-to-season battles with another prominent nominee have become a monthly mainstay on my WISCast. Tkechub has guided Penn State to 8 NC's in 14 appearances. Tkechub also has had stints with LSU and Minnesota, culminating in 61 wins over 5 seasons and 229 wins over 22 seasons, respectively.

While tkechub has spent the majority of his coaching tenure in Wilkinson at the D1A level, he also went 28-5 in his 2 seasons at D1AA and 192-24 in his 13 seasons at D2. While at D2, he managed to win his first NC in the Wilkinson world and 8 conference championships.

Tkechub's resume:
  • Overall Record: 1,304-260 -- Win %: 83.4% / NC's: 9 (15 app's) / CC's: 29
  • D1A Record: 1,059-204 -- W%: 83.8% / NC's: 8 (14 app's) / CC's: 20
  • D1AA Record: 28-5 -- W%: 84.8% / CC's: 1
  • D2 Record: 192-24 -- W%: 88.9% / NC's: 1 (1 app's) / CC's: 8
5/24/2017 8:56 AM
Vote for 1 or 2?
5/24/2017 11:10 PM
Just a reminder, HoF voting concludes at 5PM EST on Tuesday. Get those votes in!
5/30/2017 12:07 AM
Thanks for the nomination. I hope I make it in. If a D3 resume can qualify, I think I've got a good one. My philosophy has always remained, just try and be one of the last teams standing with a goal of getting to 19 games. Not gonna lie, I've gotten lucky a few times to have won 18 out of the 19 title games. Anyways, thanks again for the nomination. This is the best world because of you guys.
5/31/2017 12:47 AM
Posted by miami_jefe on 5/31/2017 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for the nomination. I hope I make it in. If a D3 resume can qualify, I think I've got a good one. My philosophy has always remained, just try and be one of the last teams standing with a goal of getting to 19 games. Not gonna lie, I've gotten lucky a few times to have won 18 out of the 19 title games. Anyways, thanks again for the nomination. This is the best world because of you guys.
+1

coachoatie
5/31/2017 8:42 AM
You've definitely have the resume and deserve to get in IMO. I think one has to have a even more impressive resume at D3 to get in then other divisions but you have a better resume then the top 10 coaches in all of WIS at any division. I think it will take you more tries to get in because of the D3 stigma but I will keep voting for you to be nominated tell you get in.
5/31/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 5/31/2017 12:29:00 PM (view original):
You've definitely have the resume and deserve to get in IMO. I think one has to have a even more impressive resume at D3 to get in then other divisions but you have a better resume then the top 10 coaches in all of WIS at any division. I think it will take you more tries to get in because of the D3 stigma but I will keep voting for you to be nominated tell you get in.
Thanks truedevil! I really appreciate that. I've had a good run. I enjoy a lot about D3 and it works with the limited time I have. Maybe I should hand Menlo off and head to D2.
5/31/2017 10:00 PM
Posted by miami_jefe on 5/31/2017 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Thanks truedevil! I really appreciate that. I've had a good run. I enjoy a lot about D3 and it works with the limited time I have. Maybe I should hand Menlo off and head to D2.
I would love to see you competing against the legends we have at d2.
6/1/2017 12:17 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 6/1/2017 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by miami_jefe on 5/31/2017 10:00:00 PM (view original):
I would love to see you competing against the legends we have at d2.
I'll be moving up to D2. Time for a new challenge. I might take a little break first because I have a baby due in a couple months. I already struggle with time. But yeah, I'm planning on D2, and no better world than in Wilkinson.
6/7/2017 12:08 AM
Wikinson Hall of Fame Voting is on! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.