Coward Lebron bows out again. Topic

Posted by moranis on 5/27/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/27/2017 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Both teams you mention would have easily matched their Wins total in this season's dreadful Eastern Conference.
No way the Knicks win 60 or even 57. Pacers might have hit 52 but I think it is unlikely. The East in the 90's was far worse than today and it isn't close. And the West in the 90's was even worse
Pass me what you're smoking.
5/27/2017 11:08 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 5/27/2017 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
You calling a lot of guys HOFs in the past decade that would have been support/role players on those 90s teams. Every one of those teams the Bulls beat in the Finals would run off 70+ win seasons & go 16-0 in the playoffs today. lol
This really is just nonsense.

The Knicks and Pacers were generally considered the Bulls biggest threats in the East in the 90's.

Here are the 92/93 Knicks that won 60 games and lost to the Bulls in the ECF.

Starters - Ewing, Oakley, Charles Smith, Rivers, and Starks
Key Rotation - Mason, Anthony, Rolando Blackman

Ewing is a HOF center, but the rest of the starters combined for 3 all star games in their entire careers and only had such appearance at that time. Mason, Anthony, and Blackman are ok bench players, but nothing to write home about.

On the whole that team is pretty terrible yet won 60 and 57 games in back to back seasons and was in the ECF and Finals (during MJ's first retirement).

Here is the 94/95 Pacers team that won 52 games and was the 2nd of back to back ECF losses to the Bulls.

Starters - Miller, Smits, Jackson, McKey, Dale Davis
Key Rotation - Antonio Davis, Scott, Workman, and Sam Mitchell

This team is a bit more balanced the Knicks, but still just the 1 HOFer in Miller and like Ewing isn't one of those special room type players. Smits, Jackson, and both Davis' would all end their career with exactly 1 all star appearance (and most of those were after this particular season).

This craptastic team was the biggest threat to the Bulls 2nd 3 peat.

I'd easily take the Raptors over any of those teams. I'd probably take the Celtics and Wizards over them as well (especially with modern rules). Heck even a team like the Bulls and Pacers from this year would give those teams fits. And that is just the east and just this season.

The 90's was truly a terrible decade for the NBA. It was only bailed out by it being Jordan's prime.
Why you just focusing on the East? I said the teams the Bulls beat in the Finals, then you went full eastern conference. If you gonna troll, be less like zelda.
Because the West was even weaker overall than the East especially for the 1st 3 peat. And there is no way the 2 horse Jazz or Sonics are 70 win teams today. None at all. It is just ridiculous nonsense. I mean seriously have you really looked at those rosters.

Take the Jazz outside of the older Malone and Stockton, Hornacek and Russell were the key contributors. Ostertag was starting. The bench is a bunch of scrubs like Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr (at 35), Howard Eisley, Greg Foster, and Chris Morris. That team would be lucky to finish ahead of this year's Jazz team. Yet it was a 60 and 64 win team in the carappy was 90's.

Sonics aren't really any different. Payton was a monster, Kemp still hadn't flamed out, and Schrempf was still a very effective #3 guy. Hawkins and Ervin Johnson were the other starters. McMillan and Perkins were saavy vets on the bench but not exactly a real threat to do much. Askew and Brickowski were the rest of the rotation. That team doesnt sniff 70 wins today and certainly doesn't beat the Cavs, Warriors, or Spurs in a series. I'm not even sure they get by a team like Houston that would out shoot them.

The first 3 peat is even worse. The Blazers might very well be the worst Finals team ever. The Suns were basically Barkley, KJ, and a bunch of scrubs. The Lakers were pretty old but still a pretty solid team overall with Magic and Worthy, though Perkins, Scott, Green, and a 2nd gear Divac aren't exactly a world beating supporting cast.

it is fun to romanticize the past but that is all it is in this case. The 90's was a terrible decade for basketball. It had 1 great team, a couple of ok teams, and a bunch of crap.
5/28/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 5/27/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/27/2017 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Both teams you mention would have easily matched their Wins total in this season's dreadful Eastern Conference.
No way the Knicks win 60 or even 57. Pacers might have hit 52 but I think it is unlikely. The East in the 90's was far worse than today and it isn't close. And the West in the 90's was even worse
Pass me what you're smoking.
Maybe it's even legal in his State.
5/28/2017 9:59 AM
Posted by moranis on 5/28/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 5/27/2017 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
You calling a lot of guys HOFs in the past decade that would have been support/role players on those 90s teams. Every one of those teams the Bulls beat in the Finals would run off 70+ win seasons & go 16-0 in the playoffs today. lol
This really is just nonsense.

The Knicks and Pacers were generally considered the Bulls biggest threats in the East in the 90's.

Here are the 92/93 Knicks that won 60 games and lost to the Bulls in the ECF.

Starters - Ewing, Oakley, Charles Smith, Rivers, and Starks
Key Rotation - Mason, Anthony, Rolando Blackman

Ewing is a HOF center, but the rest of the starters combined for 3 all star games in their entire careers and only had such appearance at that time. Mason, Anthony, and Blackman are ok bench players, but nothing to write home about.

On the whole that team is pretty terrible yet won 60 and 57 games in back to back seasons and was in the ECF and Finals (during MJ's first retirement).

Here is the 94/95 Pacers team that won 52 games and was the 2nd of back to back ECF losses to the Bulls.

Starters - Miller, Smits, Jackson, McKey, Dale Davis
Key Rotation - Antonio Davis, Scott, Workman, and Sam Mitchell

This team is a bit more balanced the Knicks, but still just the 1 HOFer in Miller and like Ewing isn't one of those special room type players. Smits, Jackson, and both Davis' would all end their career with exactly 1 all star appearance (and most of those were after this particular season).

This craptastic team was the biggest threat to the Bulls 2nd 3 peat.

I'd easily take the Raptors over any of those teams. I'd probably take the Celtics and Wizards over them as well (especially with modern rules). Heck even a team like the Bulls and Pacers from this year would give those teams fits. And that is just the east and just this season.

The 90's was truly a terrible decade for the NBA. It was only bailed out by it being Jordan's prime.
Why you just focusing on the East? I said the teams the Bulls beat in the Finals, then you went full eastern conference. If you gonna troll, be less like zelda.
Because the West was even weaker overall than the East especially for the 1st 3 peat. And there is no way the 2 horse Jazz or Sonics are 70 win teams today. None at all. It is just ridiculous nonsense. I mean seriously have you really looked at those rosters.

Take the Jazz outside of the older Malone and Stockton, Hornacek and Russell were the key contributors. Ostertag was starting. The bench is a bunch of scrubs like Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr (at 35), Howard Eisley, Greg Foster, and Chris Morris. That team would be lucky to finish ahead of this year's Jazz team. Yet it was a 60 and 64 win team in the carappy was 90's.

Sonics aren't really any different. Payton was a monster, Kemp still hadn't flamed out, and Schrempf was still a very effective #3 guy. Hawkins and Ervin Johnson were the other starters. McMillan and Perkins were saavy vets on the bench but not exactly a real threat to do much. Askew and Brickowski were the rest of the rotation. That team doesnt sniff 70 wins today and certainly doesn't beat the Cavs, Warriors, or Spurs in a series. I'm not even sure they get by a team like Houston that would out shoot them.

The first 3 peat is even worse. The Blazers might very well be the worst Finals team ever. The Suns were basically Barkley, KJ, and a bunch of scrubs. The Lakers were pretty old but still a pretty solid team overall with Magic and Worthy, though Perkins, Scott, Green, and a 2nd gear Divac aren't exactly a world beating supporting cast.

it is fun to romanticize the past but that is all it is in this case. The 90's was a terrible decade for basketball. It had 1 great team, a couple of ok teams, and a bunch of crap.
You have legit lost your ****. I'm convinced you are zeldafan.
5/28/2017 5:20 PM
◂ Prev 123
Coward Lebron bows out again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.