Coward Lebron bows out again. Topic

Posted by ashamael on 5/24/2017 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 5/24/2017 9:03:00 PM (view original):
hey remember that one time James Harden was in the finals and he disappeared?
Yeah, and I remember that time in the 2nd round where he had 13 turnovers in an elimination game. Was so unrealistic I thought I was watching a WISNBA sim.
well I mean that's almost the same as scoring 34 points in a double digit win, right?
5/24/2017 9:25 PM
32/8/7 .610 efg 11-1 in the playoffs. 7 straight Finals.

KD has the best roster ever. Or Steph, however you want to look at it.

Thanks for the laughs.
5/24/2017 10:41 PM
Yep. He was a bench player on a team lead by all stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

Whats Lebust James excuse in 2011 vs the Mavericks?
5/25/2017 2:18 AM
Posted by ashamael on 5/24/2017 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, and I remember that time in the 2nd round where he had 13 turnovers in an elimination game. Was so unrealistic I thought I was watching a WISNBA sim.
lol touché.
5/25/2017 2:18 AM
Posted by zeldafan on 5/25/2017 2:18:00 AM (view original):
Yep. He was a bench player on a team lead by all stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

Whats Lebust James excuse in 2011 vs the Mavericks?
No excuse, he was terrible. So was Wade.
5/25/2017 10:27 PM
say what you want about LeBron (and I am not a fan) but this makes 7 straight NBA finals(and 8 of the last 11) he has been in. That is pretty impressive.
5/25/2017 11:45 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2017 11:45:00 PM (view original):
say what you want about LeBron (and I am not a fan) but this makes 7 straight NBA finals(and 8 of the last 11) he has been in. That is pretty impressive.
He's no Robert Horry.
5/26/2017 10:07 AM
Posted by zeldafan on 5/24/2017 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/24/2017 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zeldafan on 5/24/2017 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/24/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
I'm not a big LeBron fan, but the greatest roster in the history of the game?? I don't think so. Irving is great. Love is good. Thompson is good. Nobody else on that roster really stands out.
Awe poor baby. He only has two all stars in their primes. I feel so sorry for him.
two all stars in their prime does not make the "greatest roster in the history of the game". I'd rather have the Warrior roster surrounding KD than the Cav roster surrounding LeBron.
Oh bullshit... no great in history has had more talent around them than Lebron during their prime. On top of that he's played in the weakest conference the sport has ever seen. I took great pleasure in seeing him get humiliated by the Mavericks in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014.
This is just nonsense the 90's is by far the weakest decade and it isn't close. In the entire 6 season run by the Bulls, the Bulls played exactly four series against an opponent with at least 2 HOFers and those teams were the 91 Lakers (who were very old), the 91 Pistons (who were also very old and toast within a season), and the 97 and 98 Jazz (with Malone and Stockton both in their mid 30's).

Every single team James has played in his current 7 season run in the Finals had at least 2 HOFers (assuming Klay gets there) and James went through Boston, Brooklyn, and maybe Chicago (Pau, Butler, Rose all have shots at the HOF). And just to stay consistent James' 07 Finals team beat a Nets team with Kidd and Carter, a Pistons team with Chauncey, Rip, Webber, and Sheed (all possible inductees though CWeb the only given), and then lost to the Spurs with TD, Parker, and Manu.

So in James' 8 Finals season he has played at least 11 teams with multiple HOFers and at least 2 more teams that have a real shot at that.

Now if we look at James' playoff exits for his entire career and compare those teams to his team.

Cleveland first stint - James only HOF
06 - Pistons - Big Ben, Rip, Chauncey
07 - Spurs - 3 HOFers
08 - Celtics - 3 HOFers (and Rondo)

Cleveland adds washed up Big Ben for 09
09 - Magic - 1 HOFer - clear upset loss

Cleveland swaps washed up Big Ben for washed up Shaq in 10
10 - Celtics - 3 HOFers (and Rondo)

Joins Bosh and Wade in Miami - so 3 HOFers (though Bosh might not get there now)
11 - Mavericks - 2 HOFers (including a very old Kidd) - clear upset loss
12 - win title against 3 HOFer Thunder in Finals

Add old Ray Allen
13 - win title against 4 HOFer Spurs (assuming Kawhi continues his progression) - Heat were not favored
14 - Spurs - 4 HOFers

Back to Cavs joins Irving and Love (who for this exercise we will call HOFers though neither is given)
15 - Warriors - 2/3 HOFers (Curry and Thompson, maybe Green), however Love unavailable for entire Finals and Irving hurt in game 1 - so essentially just Lebron
16 - win title against 2/3 HOFers Warriors in Finals - Cavs were not favored
17 - facing 3/4 HOFers Warriors in Finals

so how about Jordan
Bulls - only HOFer
85 - Bucks - 0 HOFers

Add Gervin
86 - Celtics - 5 HOFers

Lose Gervin
87 - Celtics - 5 HOFers

Add Pippen
88 - Pistons - 4 HOFers
89 - Pistons - 3 HOFers
90 - Pistons - 3 HOFers

Then the first 3 peat, which described above.

Jordan comes back during 95 season re-joining Pippen
95 - Magic - 1 HOFer

Rodman joins the Bulls for the next 3 peat and the Bulls in all 12 series only face a team with even 2 HOFers just two times (the aforementioned Jazz teams).

You see Jordan didn't win until the super teams of the 80's fell apart and he was left with a watered down league with no legitimate challengers. It was a foregone conclusion the Bulls were going to win in the 90's and it wasn't just because Jordan was that good, it was because Jordan was paired with perhaps the 2nd best player in the league in a time when very few teams even had 2 HOF level players on their rosters.
5/26/2017 10:09 AM
Remember though, that Jordan won EVERY TIME HE SHOULD HAVE. LeBron disappeared at times... sometimes when his team needed him to lead the most. TBF, most of that was when he was younger... Now that he's older, he seems more comfortable with being the Alpha
5/26/2017 10:54 AM
You calling a lot of guys HOFs in the past decade that would have been support/role players on those 90s teams. Every one of those teams the Bulls beat in the Finals would run off 70+ win seasons & go 16-0 in the playoffs today. lol
5/27/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
You calling a lot of guys HOFs in the past decade that would have been support/role players on those 90s teams. Every one of those teams the Bulls beat in the Finals would run off 70+ win seasons & go 16-0 in the playoffs today. lol
This really is just nonsense.

The Knicks and Pacers were generally considered the Bulls biggest threats in the East in the 90's.

Here are the 92/93 Knicks that won 60 games and lost to the Bulls in the ECF.

Starters - Ewing, Oakley, Charles Smith, Rivers, and Starks
Key Rotation - Mason, Anthony, Rolando Blackman

Ewing is a HOF center, but the rest of the starters combined for 3 all star games in their entire careers and only had such appearance at that time. Mason, Anthony, and Blackman are ok bench players, but nothing to write home about.

On the whole that team is pretty terrible yet won 60 and 57 games in back to back seasons and was in the ECF and Finals (during MJ's first retirement).

Here is the 94/95 Pacers team that won 52 games and was the 2nd of back to back ECF losses to the Bulls.

Starters - Miller, Smits, Jackson, McKey, Dale Davis
Key Rotation - Antonio Davis, Scott, Workman, and Sam Mitchell

This team is a bit more balanced the Knicks, but still just the 1 HOFer in Miller and like Ewing isn't one of those special room type players. Smits, Jackson, and both Davis' would all end their career with exactly 1 all star appearance (and most of those were after this particular season).

This craptastic team was the biggest threat to the Bulls 2nd 3 peat.

I'd easily take the Raptors over any of those teams. I'd probably take the Celtics and Wizards over them as well (especially with modern rules). Heck even a team like the Bulls and Pacers from this year would give those teams fits. And that is just the east and just this season.

The 90's was truly a terrible decade for the NBA. It was only bailed out by it being Jordan's prime.
5/27/2017 5:34 PM
Both teams you mention would have easily matched their Wins total in this season's dreadful Eastern Conference.
5/27/2017 7:05 PM
basketball was a totally different game then. I was a fan of that Knicks team, but they played some ugly ball.
5/27/2017 8:53 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/27/2017 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Both teams you mention would have easily matched their Wins total in this season's dreadful Eastern Conference.
No way the Knicks win 60 or even 57. Pacers might have hit 52 but I think it is unlikely. The East in the 90's was far worse than today and it isn't close. And the West in the 90's was even worse
5/27/2017 8:58 PM
Posted by moranis on 5/27/2017 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/27/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
This really is just nonsense.

The Knicks and Pacers were generally considered the Bulls biggest threats in the East in the 90's.

Here are the 92/93 Knicks that won 60 games and lost to the Bulls in the ECF.

Starters - Ewing, Oakley, Charles Smith, Rivers, and Starks
Key Rotation - Mason, Anthony, Rolando Blackman

Ewing is a HOF center, but the rest of the starters combined for 3 all star games in their entire careers and only had such appearance at that time. Mason, Anthony, and Blackman are ok bench players, but nothing to write home about.

On the whole that team is pretty terrible yet won 60 and 57 games in back to back seasons and was in the ECF and Finals (during MJ's first retirement).

Here is the 94/95 Pacers team that won 52 games and was the 2nd of back to back ECF losses to the Bulls.

Starters - Miller, Smits, Jackson, McKey, Dale Davis
Key Rotation - Antonio Davis, Scott, Workman, and Sam Mitchell

This team is a bit more balanced the Knicks, but still just the 1 HOFer in Miller and like Ewing isn't one of those special room type players. Smits, Jackson, and both Davis' would all end their career with exactly 1 all star appearance (and most of those were after this particular season).

This craptastic team was the biggest threat to the Bulls 2nd 3 peat.

I'd easily take the Raptors over any of those teams. I'd probably take the Celtics and Wizards over them as well (especially with modern rules). Heck even a team like the Bulls and Pacers from this year would give those teams fits. And that is just the east and just this season.

The 90's was truly a terrible decade for the NBA. It was only bailed out by it being Jordan's prime.
Why you just focusing on the East? I said the teams the Bulls beat in the Finals, then you went full eastern conference. If you gonna troll, be less like zelda.
5/27/2017 11:06 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Coward Lebron bows out again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.