Order of subs when position not on roster Topic

I was able to find this in the knowledge base...but just wondering if anyone can confirm.

If I am in the ND Box formation and I have no TEs on my roster, are RBs inserted first, followed by OL?
5/25/2017 3:27 PM

Here is what is on the FAQ, not confirmed on my end:

How are players subbed in when there are no more players available in the depth chart for a certain position?
When it comes time to determine which players are on the field, and there are either no active players in the depth chart or all the players are set to rest, it will start looking at players not in the depth chart or even players from other positions.

The logic for filling a spot will first try to pull a player from the respective depth chart, based on spot's position, skipping players that have reached their rest threshold. If there are no players in the depth chart that can fill that spot, it will then go through a sequence to fill it based on the spot's position. The first check it will do is try to pull player's for that position that are not in the depth chart (on the bench) and do not require rest. If it still has not found a player for the spot, it will start pulling players from the depth chart ignoring whether or not they need rest. If after all of that, it has still not found a player, it will start playing players out of position.

Following is the chart for the progression of looking for a player at each position to play out of position, broken down by each depth chart position and the progression of working through by player position. When a player is pulled by position, they are randomly pulled from your bench with no type of evaluation being made.
Position Progression
QB P - RB - WR - TE
RB WR - TE - QB
FB RB - TE - OL - WR - QB
WR1 'WR2' - RB - TE - DB - QB
WR2 'WR1' - RB - TE - DB - QB
TE RB - OL - QB - WR - LB
OL TE - DL - LB - RB - WR
DT LB - OL - DB
DE LB - OL - DB
ILB DL - TE - DB
OLB DB - TE
S LB - TE
CB LB - WR
5/25/2017 3:33 PM
That is what I found as well. I would like to say I trust things in the FAQs and KB, but...well you know.
5/25/2017 3:42 PM
It works a little wacky.. For example I ran a test in warner last season were I used proset with no WRs. The first play of the game it pulled RB1 RB2 RB3 (wr1) and RB4 (wr2). As soon as subs for the RBs hit it took RB1 and RB2 and threw them into WR1 and 2 (at whatever stamina level they were set to). Now from there it will not sub any of the replacements.. So RB1 and 2 played the remainder of the game at WR no matter how far their stamina dropped.

It will also never sub a player out that is playing in their position. So if you only have 1 TE expect him to play every offensive snap even if the stamina drops to single digits.
5/25/2017 4:07 PM
Order of subs when position not on roster Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.