Finally... a league and a format that brings parity and all the truly best players to the front. ALL-TIME LEADERS DRAFT LEAGUE!

Just the best and nothing but the best. This league promises that defense will not rule the day. And... we will celebrate the best hockey players and not just those with the fancy shooting percentages and inflated save percentages.

This is a league for those who love the greatest players who have been forgotten in this sim.

To sign up, choose an exclusive professional hockey franchise (does not have to be NHL). Once the league is full, we will hold a draft. The draft order will be randomly ordered using random.com. The draft will be a snake style draft.

The players available for draft are the top players of all time ONLY. Based on points, except for goalies which are ranked by their all time goals against average. The list of available players is posted below.

Rules:
No INJ/SUS; No WW; Trades allowed; No ties; No PI
ADDENDUM: All players must play at least 20 games during the regular season. If your team makes the playoffs, then play who you want when you want. If you do not play each of your players in at least 20 games you will forfeit a playoff spot (if your team makes the playoffs).

NO SALARY CAP
5/27/2017 5:21 PM (edited)

List of available players for this draft is located in the Draft forum. Thanks.

1. kiteport - FROLUNDA INDIANS
2. SAKABAKBRG - BOSTON BRUINS
3. darny10 - DETROIT RED WINGS
4. eicheltower - ROCHESTER AMERICANS
5. taybaijor - WINNIPEG JETS
6. alansdad - HC CSKA MOSCOW
7. ob1knobee78 - EDMONTON OILERS
8. BlueBladeAce - SICAMOUS EAGLES
9. Poddy - VANCOUVER CANUCKS
10. crippled - CHARLESTOWN CHIEFS
11. slimebot - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
12. spcaeser - DALLAS SOLAR BEARS
13. bb_icetime - KENORA THISTLES
24. kiteport - BUFFALO SABRES
6/22/2017 12:38 PM (edited)
I'm in. My franchise will be the Boston Bruins.
5/27/2017 2:21 AM
IN. Detroit Red Wings
5/27/2017 2:44 PM
Welcome gents!
5/27/2017 2:46 PM
Added a rule about players! Please check.
5/27/2017 5:21 PM
Posted by kiteport on 5/27/2017 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Added a rule about players! Please check.
Ah yes, the 20-game rule, one that I use in most of my leagues. Forces you to use everyone on your roster.
5/27/2017 9:47 PM
In - with the Winnipeg Jets
5/27/2017 10:35 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 5/27/2017 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Where is this list of players? You said you 'posted it below'
I moved it to the draft central thread. Don't need it here.
5/28/2017 2:22 AM
Posted by kiteport on 5/28/2017 2:23:00 AM (view original):

1. kiteport - CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS
2. SAKABAKBRG - BOSTON BRUINS
3. darny10 - DETROIT RED WINGS
4. eicheltower - ROCHESTER AMERICANS
5. taybaijor - WINNIPEG JETS
ob1kknobee78 Edmonton oilers
5/28/2017 2:34 PM
Posted by kiteport on 5/27/2017 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Finally... a league and a format that brings parity and all the truly best players to the front. ALL-TIME LEADERS DRAFT LEAGUE!

Just the best and nothing but the best. This league promises that defense will not rule the day. And... we will celebrate the best hockey players and not just those with the fancy shooting percentages and inflated save percentages.

This is a league for those who love the greatest players who have been forgotten in this sim.

To sign up, choose an exclusive professional hockey franchise (does not have to be NHL). Once the league is full, we will hold a draft. The draft order will be randomly ordered using random.com. The draft will be a snake style draft.

The players available for draft are the top players of all time ONLY. Based on points, except for goalies which are ranked by their all time goals against average. The list of available players is posted below.

Rules:
No INJ/SUS; No WW; Trades allowed; No ties; No PI
ADDENDUM: All players must play at least 20 games during the regular season. If your team makes the playoffs, then play who you want when you want. If you do not play each of your players in at least 20 games you will forfeit a playoff spot (if your team makes the playoffs).

NO SALARY CAP
ob1knobee78 Edmonton oilers
5/28/2017 2:37 PM
In - HC CSKA Moscow
5/28/2017 3:23 PM

Sicamous Eagles withdrawn
6/20/2017 7:57 PM (edited)
Posted by lostnfound74 on 5/29/2017 7:35:00 AM (view original):
Ok good. The draft is off the clock, but what time of day is the draft going to start? Us out west have to be up at 4 if you start it at 7

If you have time, could you list all the skaters alphabetically? (I think you can do that with a couple of mouse clicks in Word, and then Copy to a new post/page.) It will save us a ton of time if we don't have to search for a player to see if he is on the list
Draft time will start at a time to accommodate everyone. I, too, am on the west coast.
5/29/2017 10:41 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 5/29/2017 7:35:00 AM (view original):
Ok good. The draft is off the clock, but what time of day is the draft going to start? Us out west have to be up at 4 if you start it at 7

If you have time, could you list all the skaters alphabetically? (I think you can do that with a couple of mouse clicks in Word, and then Copy to a new post/page.) It will save us a ton of time if we don't have to search for a player to see if he is on the list
Players are listed according to ranking, from the highest career points player to the lowest, and from the highest career goals against average to the lowest.
5/29/2017 10:42 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.