Who wins the NBA Finals? Topic

Who do you think will win and why?
Votes: 13
(Last vote received: 6/8/2017 4:29 PM)
5/26/2017 2:38 PM
Before playoffs I thought no more than 6 with 5 being most likely. After watching playoffs I think this is a 7 game series so I went with the home team. I wouldn't be surprised if Cavs won (6 or 7) or Warriors won in 5 or 6 though.
5/26/2017 4:03 PM
If both teams play their "A" game, the Warriors will sweep. For the Cavs to win a game, they have to bring their "A" game, and hope the Warriors play their "C-" game.
5/26/2017 4:14 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/26/2017 4:14:00 PM (view original):
If both teams play their "A" game, the Warriors will sweep. For the Cavs to win a game, they have to bring their "A" game, and hope the Warriors play their "C-" game.
I don't think the gap is that wide. At the approximately 2-1 odds most sites are at currently, I'd rather put money on the LeBrons.
5/26/2017 5:02 PM
Actually if both play their best the cavs could be a favorite. Lebron doesnt allow many A games.
Nothing would surprise me though. No one expected the dubs to be down 25 to the spurs.
Curry seems like the x factor. He can win a series by himself and I think he will determine the series either way. 7 games..no idea who wins!
5/27/2017 12:53 AM
Basically, if Lebron plays like Lebron can play, Cavs win a tough series in 6 or 7. Warriors have a big weakness protecting the rim, and if Lebron is super aggressive going to the hole, he scores every time or at the very least gets wide open shots for people that can shoot. If Lebron gives less than 100% 100% of the time, the Warriors win it easily. I'm calling the gentleman's sweep, but a 4-3W, 4-3C, 4-2W, 4-2C or even 4-0W wouldn't surprise me. Basically, the Cavs wining in 5 or less is the only thing I don't see happening.
5/27/2017 5:19 PM
I'd say the Warriors played a "C" game (they blew a ****-ton of layups) on offense, and an "A" game on defense.

Cleveland played a "D" game on defense ("Hey, let's give KD a lane to the hoop and hope he misses the dunk!", and a "B" game on offense.
6/2/2017 4:03 PM
Game two: Warriors played their "B-" game on offense. Waaaayyyy too many turnovers, but when they didn't turn it over, they were getting good shots. Probably their "B" game on defense. A few blocks, but they were getting worked on the post-up game.

Cavs played their "C" game on defense. Steph shot a crappy percentage from the field, but their early fouls on Steph cost them (14-14 FT). KD basically pantsed LeBron the whole game. And they played their "B" game on offense too... They weren't getting easy shots, but most of the guys were making the tough ones. LeBron was awesome and Kevin Love was dominating in the paint... too bad he can't defend to save his ***. Kyrie didn't seem willing or able to take Klay off the dribble, and settled for launching contested jumpers over a taller player.

Both teams played OK. Warriors had too many turnovers and the Cavs need Kyrie to match the productivity of LeBron/Love to even have a chance to extend the series. Interestingly, the most effective trio for Cleveland were Love (-8 for 30 minutes), Korver, (only -3 for 23 minutes) and Shumpert (-5 for 21 minutes), perhaps because they would spread the defense and isolate Love in the post. Defenders couldn't double and leave the 3-pt line.
6/5/2017 12:08 PM
Klay's defense on Irving has been the key to the first two games if you ask me. Irving has basically been a non-factor.
6/5/2017 6:36 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/5/2017 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Klay's defense on Irving has been the key to the first two games if you ask me. Irving has basically been a non-factor.
Agreed. LeBron has been amazing, Love has been solid offensively. Kyrie has been completely neutralized by Klay, and what's more: he's a black hole on offense while he tries to get his shot off. Watch when Kyrie gets the ball... there is no off-ball cutting, weakside screens, pin-downs or any movement at all.
6/5/2017 6:56 PM
I forgot that Lebron is the only guy on the Cavs capable of playing great defense and is literally the only one playing both ends for them right now. I'm not sure how he's gonna keep that up and score the 40+ he needs to score on offense while grabbing 8-12 boards & still getting 8-12 assists for them to have a chance.

Dubs too good. I like my original prediction of Warriors in 5, but I was just wrong about Lebron being able to win this by himself.
6/5/2017 8:14 PM
Yeah I mean what would the comparison be here? Adding Karl Malone to the 96 Bulls?

As good as Cleveland can look, its really all Lebron. Kyrie is such a far cry from Wade. There is no 1-2 punch. Every dog has his day. Now its KD's turn!

Its up to the Spurs to challenge Golden State next year.

6/7/2017 12:59 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 6/7/2017 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I mean what would the comparison be here? Adding Karl Malone to the 96 Bulls?

As good as Cleveland can look, its really all Lebron. Kyrie is such a far cry from Wade. There is no 1-2 punch. Every dog has his day. Now its KD's turn!

Its up to the Spurs to challenge Golden State next year.

Without adding a star, the Spurs next year aren't beating this version of the Warriors.
6/7/2017 2:34 PM
Game 3 is what happens when LeBron and Kyrie bring their "A" games, but are overworked and exhausted when Crunch Time comes. Kevin Love became what TT was supposed to be (rebounding fool, drawing fouls, negligible offense), JR was JR, but nobody (except the big two) elevated their game. Here were Lue's options:
- NO rest for LeBron and Kyrie means they lead by 6 with 3 minutes to go, but they're tired and useless down the stretch.
- MORE rest for LeBron means they're likely even or behind with 3 minutes to go, but they have LeBron at full strength down the stretch
- MORE rest for Kyrie means they're likely even or behind with 3 minutes to go, but they have Kyrie at full strength down the stretch
- MORE rest for both of them means they're almost certainly behind with 3 minutes to go, but they have their dynamic duo at full strength for the remainder of the game
- Claim he had some bad shellfish during the pregame, and wait in the locker room when the team slinks in

6/8/2017 4:18 PM
Its a sad day when the NHL Final is more exciting than the NBA.
6/8/2017 8:13 PM
12 Next ▸
Who wins the NBA Finals? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.