Player was promised 45%. He currently has 45% 4 games into the season.

I just got a letter saying I broke my promise and he lost 17 work ethic. What gives? Yes, I suppose there are partial points at work here, but when it comes to this, there probably shouldn't be.
5/26/2017 9:13 PM
You fool! If you promised 45%, make sure he has more than 50%. Set his fatigue level very low.
5/26/2017 9:22 PM
I hate promising playing time.
5/26/2017 9:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You nailed it Ebel. I had to play around as my first five game were against human coached playoff caliber teams (with one sim mixed in where the coach quit during the offseason) and Mojo who is a playoff team +. I had to play the frosh sparingly and believed I did a decent job getting him his time, but I was wrong (sorta). Once conf play starts I will have some sims to get him his time and then some. It is like a punchline to a bad joke; when is 45% not 45%? When paying for a football simulation based on numbers.
5/26/2017 11:28 PM
Do not play the total game average of 45%. You have to play him each and every game at 45%. Going from 90% down to, what was it? 9%? Players never like that ****.

At one time the game would take the total game average but no more.
5/27/2017 1:58 AM
Posted by fermor332002 on 5/27/2017 1:58:00 AM (view original):
Do not play the total game average of 45%. You have to play him each and every game at 45%. Going from 90% down to, what was it? 9%? Players never like that ****.

At one time the game would take the total game average but no more.
This is the first I have heard of this. So if he was at 46% (rather than the targeted 45%) and I played him at different %s each game it would be fine, but because he is exactly at 45% it is a problem? I have never had a player complain about not getting exactly what is promised each game, as long as they are above the promised playing time on the season.
5/27/2017 6:02 AM
That's not what fermor is saying.

He's saying you have to play him at least 45% every single game. He can't just average at least 45%, he has to be played at least 45% in every game. Examples:

Happy
  1. 52%
  2. 46%
  3. 48%
  4. 55%
  5. 61%
Unhappy (your freshman TE)
  1. 46%
  2. 94%
  3. 19%
  4. 26%
  5. 79%
Even though he averages more than 45% in the second example, he is unhappy because he didn't get it in every single game- game three he was at 19% and game four he played 26%. He needed to be at least 45% in both games and he was not.
5/28/2017 12:26 PM (edited)
I think the problem is he didn't get the start in the one game. I've done it where I go below the promised playing time for individual games (but it still averages to over of course), but they still get the start when they don't meet the playing time. They definitely do not have to get that playing time % for each individual game.
5/28/2017 1:29 PM

They definitely do not have to get that playing time % for each individual game.

Definitely is too strong. It's not definite that WIS will not take the WE down like a rock.
I have had what happened to you happen to me. A LOT (getting the right STA %, depth chart placement is an art).
To be safe, if you don't want to gamble, I would make sure you get the % you promised every time.
5/28/2017 2:24 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I know for sure after the 10th game, they no longer get upset if you don't do the promise.
Where you are, six games into the season, missing the PT % in the third and fourth games, WE WILL drop.

As it did to you.
5/28/2017 2:37 PM (edited)
To sum up:

1. a player may not always complain when he misses a promised start or promised playing time.

2. If he does complain, it will be before the eleventh game IF he hasn't missed any promised time or start prior to what he is complaining about (for example, missing the 9th game but getting his promised time in every game before that).

3. If he doesn't complain and you gave the freshman his promised time or start in every game prior to the eleventh game, you are clear and no longer have to start him the last three games of the season.

4. If he doesn't complain at any point and you DID miss getting him his promised playing time or start at some point before the eleventh game, you must continue to give him promised playing time or starts until the end of the season or risk him complaining at that point, where he will lose most of his WE, and you will not have enough time left in the season to repair that WE.
5/28/2017 10:28 PM (edited)
set all te's fatigue to 95%. Both of your te's will be close to 50% PP. and both should get starts for every game. end of story.
5/28/2017 9:39 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 5/28/2017 2:25:00 PM (view original):
like Z said, they don't have to get the % each game, but they are more sensitive to it early in the season. i don't know if cause you build up good will kind of thing, but if you had 19 and 26% later in the season after starting him until then, he wouldn't get mad like he did after 4 games. could be a percentage, like right now you haven't played him enough in half of the game, were later it would be like 2 of 8 games or whatever.

it's easier to promise time when you play weak noncon schedule then just need to bench him for a couple important games later.

but i still think you're making harder on yourself rotating the guy in every game manually versus just using another formation to get freshman in the game
Right, and to be clear, I've never had promised players get 20% in any game. Even if they are mathematically locked into getting the playing time average for the season, like say being at 90% PT with 60% promised and 3 games remaining, I'm still giving them at least 40%+ so they get a start as well.
5/28/2017 10:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.