Pitcher Stamina Question Topic

I've always operated under the principle that a pitcher is more effective/ fatigues more slowly when he is at 100 the day before he pitches. I now realize I think I just might have made that up. Who has the million dollar answer?
5/27/2017 11:33 AM
I give all my pitchers a day at 100, except in playoffs, because they seem to fatigue more later in the season. I haven't tracked it in 7-8 years so my thought my be complete bullshit now.
5/27/2017 12:57 PM
Haven't tracked it closely but yeah, if you have a pitcher who's, say, 85% the day before he pitches, that's when he's down around 20% after his start instead of 30 or 40. The extra day at 100 seems to hold off on cumulative fatigue. About every two days I look at the rotations and flip things around or add a spot starter where needed.

5/27/2017 4:42 PM
Good stuff, guys. Appreciate you.
5/27/2017 7:35 PM
Pitcher Stamina Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.