WIS Support Auto Signing Topic

The auto signing logic is not being applied consistently. One current example is Illinois in Knight which has 5 walk ons instead of the 3 we have been told is the maximum. There are other examples and I will be happy to document all the ones I come across going forward if there is doubt on the part of WIS that this is happening.

I submitted a ticket back on March 6th, 2017 pointing out that Kentucky in Knight had 6 walk ons instead of the max 3 and customer support responded saying it was because Kentucky was a SIM coach. I responded that Connecticut in Knight also had 6 walk ons despite having a human coach, and my support ticket was closed without further response.

This gives a substantial, arbitrary advantage to those schools that avoid the 3 walk on max by giving them more recruiting resources both in dollars and attention points. What is the cause of this issue that seriously compromises fair play and why are you unwilling to fix it?
5/27/2017 1:25 PM
Posted by bakerbarnett on 5/27/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
The auto signing logic is not being applied consistently. One current example is Illinois in Knight which has 5 walk ons instead of the 3 we have been told is the maximum. There are other examples and I will be happy to document all the ones I come across going forward if there is doubt on the part of WIS that this is happening.

I submitted a ticket back on March 6th, 2017 pointing out that Kentucky in Knight had 6 walk ons instead of the max 3 and customer support responded saying it was because Kentucky was a SIM coach. I responded that Connecticut in Knight also had 6 walk ons despite having a human coach, and my support ticket was closed without further response.

This gives a substantial, arbitrary advantage to those schools that avoid the 3 walk on max by giving them more recruiting resources both in dollars and attention points. What is the cause of this issue that seriously compromises fair play and why are you unwilling to fix it?
Was not aware of this but definetly a problem. +1
5/27/2017 1:48 PM
Not unwilling
Unable
We have yet to see anything changed post Seble. As if no one left can program HD.
5/28/2017 4:01 PM
I submitted another customer support ticket mentioning the above and this is the response I got

"
Customer Support
Hello,

Teams will try to sign players, but if the quality of players remaining is sub-par, they can get more than 3 walk-ons. This is common for top DI teams.

Thanks.
"

This completely contradicts what we were told about 3.0 when it was rolled out. So now, according to WIS, if 2 user controlled teams each end up with 6 walk ons at the end of signings, 1 can end up with 6 scholarships worth of resources and 1 can end up with 3, completely arbitrarily.
5/29/2017 8:51 AM
this is confusing - the sort of thing someone should remember to ask in developer chat - ooops we dont have developer chats......too bad
5/29/2017 10:38 AM
This is crap. The prestige of the school determines whether or not a school gets a walk-on or a forced scholarship player? Who the hell came up with that idea?
5/29/2017 1:25 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
This is crap. The prestige of the school determines whether or not a school gets a walk-on or a forced scholarship player? Who the hell came up with that idea?
I don't believe them given how the story has changed, I think they're just trying to come up with a plausible sounding excuse to ignore this bug. I can tell you I have been at Memphis since 3.0 rolled out and kept them at A- or A prestige and have never gotten more than 3 walkons so prestige can't be the determinant.
5/29/2017 3:18 PM
5/29/2017 8:53 AM bakerbarnett
This means that for 2 user controlled teams that each end recruiting with 6 walk ons, 1 can end up with 6 scholarships worth of recruiting resources and 1 can up with 3 worth completely arbitrarily.
5/29/2017 3:03 PM Customer Support
It does not happen often, but yes, that is correct.

Thanks.
5/29/2017 3:42 PM
Teams exceeding the 3 walk on "limit" has happened in pretty much every season at least in Knight since we switched to 3.0 I have offered to customer support to send them more examples as I come across them, but I'm not holding my breath, this seems to be more evidence that they don't have the ability to program the game since seble left.
5/29/2017 3:44 PM
Posted by bakerbarnett on 5/29/2017 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Teams exceeding the 3 walk on "limit" has happened in pretty much every season at least in Knight since we switched to 3.0 I have offered to customer support to send them more examples as I come across them, but I'm not holding my breath, this seems to be more evidence that they don't have the ability to program the game since seble left.
I'm wondering if redhawk was the secondary programmer after seble, but maybe since he hasn't touched his teams in ages, he's also left? Just a theory.
5/29/2017 5:19 PM
Possibly.
5/29/2017 8:05 PM
Ha. That's hilarious. Whether it's just the answer or if that's really how the game is set up, both are stupid.

1) Sims already sign trash players. Now they won't sign anymore trash players because they happen to have more openings??
2) What is the criteria for determining if a player is 'sub-par'? I don't believe they have a good way of doing this (see point #1).
3) I know for a fact that players go unsigned that are better than players currently on teams (mostly SIM but some human).

All of this adds up to a either a bogus answer or bogus programming. DUMB.
5/30/2017 7:25 AM
bumping this to see if they'll even respond, it seems like they really have their priorities wrong when WIS support will get on these forums to respond to trolls bickering with each other, but don't respond to actual bugs and glitches.
5/31/2017 10:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Adding fuel to the fire...there are two teams in Naismith Big 12 who have 7 walk-ons each this season -- Iowa St. and Baylor -- neither of which I would consider "top D1 teams...
6/1/2017 2:58 PM
12 Next ▸
WIS Support Auto Signing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.