Sunday Night Baseball Topic

Agreed . . . . .
9/1/2017 7:22 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/28/2017 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Can we just worry about getting rid of Joe Buck before we worry about fringe cases?
At least John Smoltz replaced Tim McCarver!! Baby steps!
9/6/2017 6:26 PM
One of the best things to happen to national baseball television was Deion Sanders pouring gatorade on top of McCarver. . . . better than a grand slam..
9/8/2017 8:14 AM
Posted by Tucker T's on 8/29/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
There's that one gal who has done college football PxP for ESPN for a number of years . . . . Now she knows what she's talking about and does a very good job. I think she may have finally been promoted to do some NFL . . .

Menendez or Martinez or whatever her name is needs to get pregnant and leave Sunday Night Baseball to take care of her baby . . . . that's of course if she likes boys....

Irma knocked out power here in metro Atlanta so I couldn't watch MNF . . . however, I saw a clip on the net and this is the gal I mentioned and I believe she does a credible job.
The color gal on Sunday Night Baseball . . . . doesn't cut it.
9/13/2017 3:08 PM
She was awful. I'm not even sure the commentary was bad because her voice is terrible. But pairing her with Rex Ryan was brutal for both of them.

You did call Mendoza "**** McGee", didn't you? I could have sworn the radio guy was from ATL.
9/13/2017 3:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/13/2017 3:27:00 PM (view original):
She was awful. I'm not even sure the commentary was bad because her voice is terrible. But pairing her with Rex Ryan was brutal for both of them.

You did call Mendoza "**** McGee", didn't you? I could have sworn the radio guy was from ATL.
Couldn't watch because of the storm . . . will review next week . . . Ryan is a novice so without listening yet, I'm sure broadcast wasn't up to par.
Not sure what you mean by "****McGee" and haven't got a clue about the "radio guy."
9/14/2017 8:22 AM
Jon Heyman is sure making plenty of Twitter enemies talking about Beth Mowins, tweeting stuff like "She was great. If you say she wasn't, it's only because you don't want to see a woman as a great football announcer", and "Saying 'I don't like the sound of her voice' is code for 'I hate there is a woman announcing football'."

Good ol' Liberal fallacy. The only reason you can dislike a woman is because she's a woman. If someone says Kruk sucks, does that mean they don't want to see a fat guy succeed?
9/18/2017 5:31 PM
You don't like me because is a pretty common defense.....Jemelle Hill has an entire stance based on the idea that if you thinks she sucks it is obvious you are racist.
9/18/2017 6:51 PM
Another terrible voice.
9/18/2017 8:04 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 9/13/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):
There's that one gal who has done college football PxP for ESPN for a number of years . . . . Now she knows what she's talking about and does a very good job. I think she may have finally been promoted to do some NFL . . .

Menendez or Martinez or whatever her name is needs to get pregnant and leave Sunday Night Baseball to take care of her baby . . . . that's of course if she likes boys....

Irma knocked out power here in metro Atlanta so I couldn't watch MNF . . . however, I saw a clip on the net and this is the gal I mentioned and I believe she does a credible job.
Confirmed. TuckerT did call Mendoza "**** McGee".

Former softball player Jessica Mendoza has been providing color commentary during ESPN baseball broadcasts for a few weeks now. She was on the call for last night’s wild card game between the Astros and Yankees, and this didn’t sit well with Atlanta sports radio host Mike Bell.
9/18/2017 8:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2017 8:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Tucker T's on 9/13/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):

Confirmed. TuckerT did call Mendoza "**** McGee".

Former softball player Jessica Mendoza has been providing color commentary during ESPN baseball broadcasts for a few weeks now. She was on the call for last night’s wild card game between the Astros and Yankees, and this didn’t sit well with Atlanta sports radio host Mike Bell.

Mike Bell has been in the Atlanta market for a number of years . . . was really popular with the late night crowd around town.
Knows his stuff rather well . . . . Like him, I don't understand how anyone can sit well with Mendoza . . .

BTW, remember the ESPN News anchor Danyell Sargent? She used the F-word, thinking her mic was off, on air. Lots of trouble for her resulting in her contract not being renewed. . . . . anyway, I gave her, yep me, her first television job . . . seasonal field reporting on my high school sports show.
She worked at a few other places after ESPN and ended up marrying former NBA Coach Eric Musselman. So I am NOT against women doing sports. Here's a picture:
9/20/2017 12:54 AM
Mendoza has been spot on all night!!!!
10/3/2017 11:14 PM
'electricity coming off his bat'
10/4/2017 1:04 AM
Solar Energy . . . .no . . . Fossil Fuel . . .no . . . . .
10/4/2017 11:30 AM
◂ Prev 123
Sunday Night Baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.