Sunday Night Baseball Topic

That Maracas or Martinez gal on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball gets under my skin . . . .
I understand that she was one heck of a fast-pitch player . . . maybe the best ever.
But seriously, what does she know about baseball?
I believe everything she says is scripted. How can she relate and explain the who, what, where and why
a pitcher does this or a batter does that? No experience what so ever.
Giggling commentary . . . Yikes!
I can't watch anymore . . .
5/27/2017 3:43 PM
That's insane. Using that standard, only ex-professional baseball players can possibly understand the game. And I damn sure don't want some ex-AL pitcher commenting on hitting.

5/27/2017 3:56 PM
Yeah . . . you're right and I'm crazy.
Hulk Hogan could do a decent job . . . he knows what a hit and run - run and hit is . . . .
5/27/2017 11:46 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 5/27/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
That Maracas or Martinez gal on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball gets under my skin . . . .
I understand that she was one heck of a fast-pitch player . . . maybe the best ever.
But seriously, what does she know about baseball?
I believe everything she says is scripted. How can she relate and explain the who, what, where and why
a pitcher does this or a batter does that? No experience what so ever.
Giggling commentary . . . Yikes!
I can't watch anymore . . .
Women's voices in general...are annoying to listen to
5/28/2017 2:19 AM
Posted by Tucker T's on 5/27/2017 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Yeah . . . you're right and I'm crazy.
Hulk Hogan could do a decent job . . . he knows what a hit and run - run and hit is . . . .
Are you implying that Jessica Mendoza doesn't know what a hit and run is?

If you don't like her commentary, that's fine. But I'm pretty sure she understands baseball well enough to provide commentary. Despite not playing MLB.
5/28/2017 7:08 AM
Personally, I don't have any problem with women in the booth. As a matter of fact, unfortunately don't remember her name, there is a gal who has done play-by-play on college football for a number of years. And, she does a creditable job . . . better than a number of others.
It's just that to me, Maraccas just ain't got the knowledge to tell me much about the game she NEVER participated in.
She gets under my skin . . . . she needs to be replaced.....
5/28/2017 11:42 AM
Have you ever referred to her as "**** McGee"?

http://deadspin.com/bad-radio-man-calls-espns-jessica-mendoza-****-mcgee-1735242516
5/28/2017 12:45 PM
Can we just worry about getting rid of Joe Buck before we worry about fringe cases?
5/28/2017 11:07 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/28/2017 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Can we just worry about getting rid of Joe Buck before we worry about fringe cases?

Ladies First . . . .
5/31/2017 8:56 PM
There was a game where she commented that Steven Wright's knuckleball didn't knuckle very much, to which Aaron Boone said, 'ahh, that was a fastball'

6/1/2017 3:09 PM
You guys are RACIST!!! MISOGYNISTS. Obviously.

6/1/2017 6:46 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/1/2017 3:09:00 PM (view original):
There was a game where she commented that Steven Wright's knuckleball didn't knuckle very much, to which Aaron Boone said, 'ahh, that was a fastball'

See what I mean?
I love babes but this one ain't got a clue about the American Pastime . . . .
6/1/2017 9:39 PM
That's Wright's fault. If your fastball is so slow that it can be mistaken for a knuckler, by anybody, you got problems.
6/1/2017 9:47 PM
I agree . . .anybody can make a mistake. Especially someone who doesn't belong on National TV . . .
6/2/2017 9:30 PM
I cannot watch ESPN when this softball gal working as a bb analyst is on the air . . . . Smells and sounds like Disney's PC team put her in that position....
I'll take the ankle bleeding American fanatic aka Curt Schilling any day................
8/21/2017 3:32 PM
123 Next ▸
Sunday Night Baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.