JIM BUNNING TRIBUTE (Full - - Thanks!!) Topic

Posted by gogotoads on 6/9/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I wasn't a fan of his Senatorial career. Furthermore, he chose not to go into the Hall of Fame as a proud Tiger. His name isn't even on the wall at Comerica Park. Fine with me, I don't want it there anyhow. Booooo!

I bumped your thread to the top again, though!

I understand . . . . you ought to play anyway . . . . pick a Bunning mop up year . . . .
6/9/2017 5:32 PM
Good morning Tom,

Stadium change made. Jesse Tannehill is my Kentucky born player. Staying with 16 team league or keep hoping for 24?

Best Regards,
Frank

6/10/2017 1:57 PM
I'll take one ...
6/10/2017 4:19 PM
That's great Vince . . . Thanks . . . . .
6/10/2017 4:21 PM
i would go with 16 at this juncture but with so few teams entered maybe it makes sense to wait.Whatever Tom Terrific chooses is fine with me
6/11/2017 7:24 PM
Posted by farleyfustle on 6/11/2017 7:24:00 PM (view original):
i would go with 16 at this juncture but with so few teams entered maybe it makes sense to wait.Whatever Tom Terrific chooses is fine with me

We have 17 . . . cramsey62 entered a team without leaving a post here . . . . Overall, this is now 12 or 13 days since I first posted this so I think we're moving along okay . . . . back in the early to mid 2000's we had so many playing that this would likely be filled already. But that's not the way it goes today.
6/11/2017 9:52 PM
I am working on a team. I am having trouble getting in under $100M. Can I borrow another $10M until payday.

The salary update is coming June 20th. We'll all have to go back to the drawing board anyway. I don't see this league filling in seven days.
6/13/2017 6:16 PM (edited)
Posted by fatboydad54 on 6/13/2017 6:16:00 PM (view original):
I am working on a team. I am having trouble getting in under $100M. Can I borrow another $10M until payday.

The salary update is coming June 20th. We'll all have to go back to the drawing board anyway. I don't see this league filling in seven days.

Forgot about that Mike . . . guess you're in . . . You are now our CFO . . . . Congrats . . .
6/13/2017 8:37 PM
I'm in
as an oldtimer, (65), I remember seeing the Phils in 1963 at Candlestick....doubleheader, Bunning didn't pitch, John Boozer pitched.
I think I will start a John Boozer tribute league.....
6/16/2017 11:46 AM
Marichal pitched, he was great
a month after I saw the dh, the Braves came to town to play. Spahn vs Juan. Both threw complete games as the Giants won in the bottom of the 16th inning 1-0 on a Willie Mays walk-off.
Spahn pitched about 240-250 pitches, Juan about the same.
Spahn was 40 years young and pitched again 5 days later. Threw a shutout against Houston at Houston before they had a domed stadium.
They were seasoned men in those days, Spahn was hardened by being in WWII.
You can look it up, July 2 1963. Time of the game....4:01. That's it, no commercials.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SFN/SFN196307020.shtml
6/16/2017 12:01 PM (edited)
I remember those days with as you say, "seasoned men" who played the game. I think I remember Spahn starting both AS games one of those years when they played two. Marichal was cool cucumber . . . . his games vs. Spahn were good so were the ones against Koufax . . . . Glad you're with us....
6/16/2017 12:07 PM
I was watching the San Francisco Giants play the Los Angeles Dodgers on regional television that day in August, of 1965, when Juan Marichalclobbered Johnny Roseboro over the head with a baseball bat. I raced into the kitchen shouting, “Marichal bashed Johnny Roseboro over the head with a baseball bat-on television!” while looking for any one of my then-seven siblings. No one moved. “Baseball players don’t go around bashing other players with bats,” said one of them, sarcastically.

From book
entitled “The Fight of Our Lives: How Juan Marichal and John Roseboro Turned Baseball’s Ugliest Brawl into a Story of Forgiveness and Redemption."
6/17/2017 12:05 PM
I agree gentleman that pitching era was the best competitive pitching with no give at all, me too I'm 65 also and a Giants fan and remember when Spahn came to the Giants at the end of his career . Pitching today can't even hold a candle to them.

6/17/2017 12:06 PM
im in
6/17/2017 12:36 PM
bigk . . . . appreciate the interest.... good to have you with us!!!
6/17/2017 4:58 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
JIM BUNNING TRIBUTE (Full - - Thanks!!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.