Formula Builder Issue Topic

I've always found it very difficult to create a formula that evenly ranks pitchers and hitters. 25 of my top 30 players are either one or the other after running the numbers. Any suggestions?
5/28/2017 7:32 AM
This sounds smartass-y but don't use it. It just doesn't work well.
5/28/2017 7:39 AM
Agreed. More work but rank your top 30 manually. It pays off.
5/28/2017 7:48 AM
I used the formula builder once. Never ever again
5/28/2017 7:56 AM
The Position Settings work just as well, IMO, for getting an initial distribution of your draft board. If you don't like what you're seeing, change the settings and run the board again. Do it till you see a distribution of players you think looks right to you.

Then pre-rank. Go as deep as you feel like. Again IMO, pre-ranking is 90% of draft success. It's not only about making sure you get a player you like at the top, it's also to weed out the "I drafted this guy and he isn't worth crap" bloopers. Also helps you maximize the return on your second, third, maybe even down to fifth and sixth round picks.

5/28/2017 8:50 AM
It's more effective for me to export everything to excel, then have my own formulas to narrow down my choices, then rank manually.
6/13/2017 5:17 PM
Formula Builder Issue Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.