What the world thinks about Trump Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by crazystengel on 6/9/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Doc, Comey disputed the contents of one NYT article that appeared in February -- and would not say what about it was incorrect/inaccurate. I don't think that amounts to "much of what the NYT has printed is false" -- especially since Comey specifically asked his friend to leak the contents of his Trump memos to the NYT.

That's not to say the NYT never makes mistakes, or that their sources are always 100% accurate. I think given the nature of what they're reporting on, and how (out of necessity) it has to be reported, mistakes are going to be made.
Since when is it "out of necessity" to print unsubstantiated rumors from unnamed sources and pass them off as fact?

Unless it's "out of necessity" to remain relevant at a time when the print media is dying (or dead)
6/9/2017 4:26 PM
You either trust the NYT or you don't. There have certainly been times when I haven't (in the aftermath of Judith Miller printing Dick Cheney's lies about WMD, for example). Trump/Russia/Comey is the sort of story you cannot print without unnamed sources (leakers, whistleblowers, disgruntled employees, whatever you want to call them). So either you completely ignore the biggest story in America, or you rely on unnamed sources.

And the NYT is not dying. Check out their subscription rates vs. oh, the ratings for Fox News, or the traffic Breitbart's been getting.
6/9/2017 4:45 PM (edited)
So much liberal crazy, so little time.
6/9/2017 4:46 PM
Ho hum, another day of not caring what people think of Trump. Nothing to see here, move along...

What was it...elections have consequences? Yeah, that's it...

Like they said 8 years ago...just trust us....
6/9/2017 6:10 PM
"The only reason the Dems would not impeach Trump is if because they couldn't and he was innocent and CNN was FAKE!"

Well, that's partly correct. Except the Dems don't have enough votes to impeach anyone. When Trump gets impeached it will be because many Republicans also voted to impeach him. Blame those damn conservative liberals in that party, I guess.

Of course, some may think that having someone in the white house with no regard for truth is OK.
Me? I think that a President lying to the American citizenry about his own behaviour is a "high crime" (just like I did when Bubba lied to me!!)
IF the President will lie to us about one thing........ he'll lie to us about anything.
A crook is a crook, and a liar is a liar.
Neither is fit to be MY president.

You Trumpies will eventually learn what happens when someone lies to the FBI, and Trump will pay the price for his lack of ethics and scruples as he'll go down as the biggest LOSER ever to inhabit the White House.

Even Karl Rove has abandoned Chumpie's ship.
Some of you are just REAL dense and slow. Of course you proved that with your votes!

It's so great, another wannabe King has brought utter chaos to our government.
See anything getting done to actually GOVERN lately?
6/9/2017 7:42 PM
Yes, proudly dense and slow...

I will remain so as long as the other side provide no sensible solutions...I'm not stylish enough to be fringe, so I can't join the club on the left..
6/9/2017 7:47 PM
You know, usually I'd bet on money being able to get chump out of this, but not even his doofus $1500.00/hr. lawyer will be able to protect him on this one.
I wonder why Chump would actually pay someone $1500.00 bucks an hour to defend him IF he didn't have need to be protected from something.
That's what lawyers do............protect you from what you've done, IF possible.

Do no wrong.......... you won't need a crooked lawyer to protect you....... at any cost!
6/9/2017 7:48 PM
Nope. Lawyers are here to take your money while they PRETEND to be able to protect you.

IF you're truly innocent, in this Country USUALLY you don't need any lawyer to help you.
I wish I didn't have to use the word usually but even OUR system occasionally fails........... it's still the best Country and legal framework I know about!
I'm sick and tired of you folks, particularly Chump running down our Country.
Our legal system is the best. We have the most individual freedoms in the world, our economic system (bad as it is) is still preferable to nearly everyone else.
We have the best system in the world and somebody comes along and says it's all a mess (The FBI is in "disarray" for example).
The MESS is about to happen and it was clearly caused by the big mouth and egotistical childish behavior of the guy the lib haters elected!
Good job.
PLEASE learn the lesson this time. I don't want to see Carl Bernstein on my TV anymore. He looks to be about 95 on H. Def.

Known LIARS don't deserve your vote in ANY instance.
6/9/2017 8:37 PM
You're welcome man!

I kinda prefer dogs but I got no axe to grind on cats........... I guess some are OK.

Hepcats especially.
I'd like them more perhaps IF they'd at least come when you call them.
Dogs are just so loyal.

Trump needs to get one.
I wonder if he has the discipline to take care of one?

Headed down to Fremont St. in LV to see IF them topless nuns are there again.
You guys have a good weekend.
6/9/2017 8:58 PM
Trump needs a lawyer, even if just to tell him to STFU.
6/9/2017 9:32 PM
Has anyone noticed how Doc and all the other Trump flunkies avoided an informed response to all the things mentioned about Chump in my previous posts? They say stories have been "debunked" but yet can't direct us to any of them, and conveniently ignored the fact that Chump paid out $25 mil to settle and avoid a trial regarding his FAKE university, that several banks have been subpoenaed regarding Trump money laundering, and that he stole money from cancer stricken kids. Tell me Doc...what do u have to say about these things? Are will u put your tail between your legs and be one of the biggest idiots and dumbasses on the planet by ignoring these things and co-signing Trump's conduct???? Some people apparently LOVE getting *** ****** with no grease bc they're to damn dumb to recognize and accept that they've been played!!!!
6/10/2017 4:23 AM
You Trump supporters are so damn dumb that you're the type who could get ripped off in a deal, and then come back and want to get ripped off some more in another deal. Lol. Super Suckers!!!!
6/10/2017 4:28 AM
Boy, I'm still waiting for Doc to tell us all of the scandals reported about Trump that were supposedly "debunked". Use COMMON SENSE!!! If Trump (i.e. Mr. Lawsuit) TRULY believed that ALL of the news outlets were reporting "fake" news and stories about him, then why the hell hasn't he filed a SINGLE ******* lawsuit against them for libel or slander? You idiots listen to and believe any and everything that Chump says, despite his own words defying common sense and logic.
6/10/2017 4:34 AM
You are like a dog chasing a car...
6/10/2017 6:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
What the world thinks about Trump Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.