Recruiting against Sim AI Topic

I sort of remember a while back there was a discussion about recruiting a guy considering Sim AI.
I think someone said that it was easier to recruit a guy considering three Sim AI than a guy considering only one.
I really don't know or have a sense if that is true or not, Anyone else have any thoughts on that?
6/1/2017 12:00 PM
Posted by gary1682 on 6/1/2017 12:00:00 PM (view original):
I sort of remember a while back there was a discussion about recruiting a guy considering Sim AI.
I think someone said that it was easier to recruit a guy considering three Sim AI than a guy considering only one.
I really don't know or have a sense if that is true or not, Anyone else have any thoughts on that?
Interesting question. This doesn't match with my experience - whenever I've battled multiple sims, it seems like there's always been one "lead" sim that's been at least as hard to shake as a solo sim opponent. But that might just be me.
6/1/2017 12:13 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/1/2017 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gary1682 on 6/1/2017 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Interesting question. This doesn't match with my experience - whenever I've battled multiple sims, it seems like there's always been one "lead" sim that's been at least as hard to shake as a solo sim opponent. But that might just be me.
At times I've noticed the same thing
6/1/2017 12:16 PM
I typically recall it being harder to knock off just 1 SIM then 3 SIM's but I honestly don't pay much attention to SIMS in recruiting so I may be wrong. Knock them off early either way.
6/1/2017 3:22 PM
1 SIM is harder to knock off than 3 SIMs (look at it like 100% of their loyalty is on 1 SIM, vs. 33% each with 3 SIMs). This doesn't matter as much at lower levels where they are relatively easy to knock off, but at D1 it typically costs ~50% more to knock 1 SIM off instead of 3 SIMs in my experience.
6/1/2017 5:43 PM
It would be hard for humans to recruit against my artificial intelligence.
6/2/2017 12:21 PM
By artificial, do you mean fake?
6/2/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 6/1/2017 5:43:00 PM (view original):
1 SIM is harder to knock off than 3 SIMs (look at it like 100% of their loyalty is on 1 SIM, vs. 33% each with 3 SIMs). This doesn't matter as much at lower levels where they are relatively easy to knock off, but at D1 it typically costs ~50% more to knock 1 SIM off instead of 3 SIMs in my experience.
Following up on this, I just recruited a guy who had a single BCS SIM on him at the start, while I'm a solid non-elite team (#10-15 annually). This player was <180 miles fwiw. Here were the results:

Cycle 1 (24hr cycle): AC Scout
Cycle 2: Sent 18 Campus Visits, 8 were accepted, he was considering both me and the SIM at the end of the cycle.
Cycle 3: Sent 10 Campus Visits, all 10 were accepted, he was still considering both of us at the end of the cycle.
Cycle 4: Sent only a guaranteed start, it was accepted, still considering both of us at the end of the cycle.
Cycle 5: Sent 6 Campus Visits, all 6 were accepted, he was still considering both of us at the end of the cycle. (was really shocked at this point)
Cycle 6: Sent 6 Campus Visits, all 6 were accepted, that finally knocked off the SIM so he was considering only me.

In total it took 30 campus visits to knock off the SIM, all early on the in the period, which is pretty nuts. For comparison, knocking off 3 non-BCS SIMs took between 12-15 for other players during this same time period. I think this is one of the worst cases I've dealt with, and I'm sure it would be easier if the SIM was non-BCS, but still $24k to get a SIM recruit within 180 miles is ridiculous.
6/4/2017 12:53 PM

$24k to get a SIM recruit within 180 miles is ridiculous

That is insane. You only get, what, $10K per open scholarship?
INSANE.
6/4/2017 1:00 PM
$15k at D1
6/4/2017 1:15 PM
Still crazy.
6/4/2017 1:48 PM
Recruiting against Sim AI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.