Option year of contract? Topic

I'm confused here. When you click on the player card > contract then switch from season to contract is gives you all the contract information. So you would see what was offered after the fact. Is that correct or is this a different discussion?
6/3/2017 9:38 AM
Nevermind. You're talking about the losing bid.
6/3/2017 9:42 AM
Correct. If I lost a player to zbrent and he asked me what I offered, there is no incentive for me to tell the truth. I know what he offered, no need for me to tell him what I offered.
6/3/2017 11:32 AM
I think I've only won 3 (lost 1), but in at least 1 case (maybe two) the other owner ended up sitting on over 30 M in cap room, since the max guy didn't sign until the last or second to last cycle.

So again, for your theory to be the right one, the other owner had to be acting quite irrationally in order for me to have won.
6/3/2017 2:36 PM
Well, no one is ever irrational around here.
6/3/2017 2:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/3/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Well, no one is ever irrational around here.
If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you just made a joke at your own expense. ;)
6/3/2017 2:40 PM
If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh at others.

But I'm certainly not alone in the WifS Forum Irrational Pool.

Nonetheless, you've given me no reason to believe you're 100% certain about max deals. Or that there's a reason for anyone to tell you what they bid on a player you signed.
6/3/2017 2:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/3/2017 2:43:00 PM (view original):
If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh at others.

But I'm certainly not alone in the WifS Forum Irrational Pool.

Nonetheless, you've given me no reason to believe you're 100% certain about max deals. Or that there's a reason for anyone to tell you what they bid on a player you signed.
I'm more certain about this than I am 95% of this game, I just don't have enough evidence to prove it to you (since you don't have the first - hand experience with it to support mine) no matter what is presented.
6/3/2017 2:47 PM
Do you have any reason to believe someone would tell you the truth about their failed bid?
6/3/2017 2:54 PM
Sure, although less so with the long time owners in my World. But I'm not relying on only their word (or only on the word of WhatIf, which can also be sketchy).

I know they offered 20x5 because I verify that sort of info every time I am in a bidding war. Given that, according to you, the only ways I win are either:

1) The other owner, in every instance, was unwilling to got to $110 instead of $100 despite having the extra $ available in year 1.

2) The other owner was willing to go to $110 but was unwilling to make the final year a player option (which is truly absurd if you stop to think about it) or offer a NTC.

if either of those things don't happen, I lose (according to you).

if it was a 1-time thing with just 1 competing owner involved, sure it could happen. For it to happen multiple times with multiple owners in some of those individual bidding wars stretches the bounds of credulity. Plus they ALL have to lie about it. ;)
6/3/2017 3:28 PM
You said you won 3, lost 1. HBD has been around for 11 years or so. You don't exactly have a stockpile of evidence to support your case. I've won 4, lost 0. 110m, PO, NTC on all 4.
6/3/2017 4:24 PM
I offer options on almost all of my LT contracts. Even if he doesn't "decline" per se, there's an injury risk, or you could just come up with better options by year 5.

For the guys I sign on the cheap and the end of FA, the option is automatic as they are usually filling a temporary hole, and the 25% isn't a significant amount for small contracts. It might be different if I were signing 5+ guys, but one or two it's a no brainer. If they look good ratings wise and are asking for 1 year, I'll usually sign them to 2 or 3 years with the last being an option. AT that low price, it's worth the risk of they work out.
6/4/2017 10:51 AM
◂ Prev 12
Option year of contract? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.